It was rough going for several days last week. And, as a result, there's not much to report. I only made a couple of workouts (amazed that I could even do that) and otherwise laid around our apartment. I did watch some Halloween-inspired classic flicks like "Rosemary's Baby" and the original "House on Haunted Hill."
Back stateside, I took the pups for an extended walk/outing. I caught this pic of Byron contemplating the mysteries of time and space.

And this one of them together.

That evening I tried a bold (albeit a cheap) look for drinks and dinner out. OK so let me preface by saying that everyone is wearing this style - the glasses. I got these for $5 at a shoe store and thought ... "it might be fun." So I did it. And Josh even stayed with me all night. Ha.

Of course, I took them off mid-way through the night,
put them in my purse and they have since vanished.
Eitherwhoo. We stopped in at the Red Bar and Gallery. They were having a Halloween/product party with free drink tickets (although J didn't realize what they were and failed to use them ... doh) and shot samples. They even had local artists doing paintings (some were even painting faces).

.
A shot of some of the artwork. Oh and me and the glasses.

These were the free shots. It's called Yellow Fever.
It was a jello in a syringe. Interesting but pretty good.
From there, we beeped over to El Vato for dinner. It's one of our favorite places but boy howdy ... you def need to make it during happy hour. After that, the drink prices are kind of nuts.
Here's the bar where they mix up the pricey cocktails
After dinner, we headed home. Josh had to work the next day (of course) but he fell asleep on the couch while I watched some old Sex and the Citys ... and coughed. And coughed. And coughed. Turns out I wasn't as well as I thought I was.
We moved to the bedroom to sleep but I woke up midway through the night, coughing so hard I threw up. It was awful.
I slept in the next morning after staying up to 3 a.m. or so with the coughing fits. I bummed around the house and did some chores, before driving to Total Wine and the Shops at Sunset (in Coral Gables) to exchange some clothes I bought at Forever 21. Josh got home around 6-ish and I was home soon after. We planned to relax and have a chill night of watching Auburn football with the pups.

They appreciated it.
Auburn racked up another convincing win and we hit the hay.
On Sunday, we hung out together and watched "As Good As It Gets" (one of my favs) while I did my own yoga practice at home. Then I organized the beer I've gotten for the Belgian visit.
It's all American-made craft brews. I hope they like at least one of them. I def hope they like it better than the Hershey's chocolates - Kisses - I sent to Ineke for her birthday. Haha. She wasn't a fan, which is understandable when you have the best chocolate in the world. Of course, they have the best beer in the world too, so we'll see.
After J grabbed a bite at home, we rolled over to the Home Depot to exchange some gifts for store credit and purchased this. We'll FINALLY be able to sit outside and enjoy the sunset.
It needs to hurry up and get here!
After that was done, we went back to the Shops at Sunset (which Josh has never been to). It's a cool place, very college-esque due to it's proximity to the U (I nearly ran over a group of "kids" walking around in PJs, yeah at 5 o'clock) but it's got fun restaurants and shops around it plus the mall, movie theater ... and Buffalo Wild Wings. That was enough to lure J in.

We stopped in and had a beer whilst watching the Dolphins lose to the Patriots. It sucked even more than normal because there were three incredibly obnoxious New England fans sitting in the middle of a room full of Miami fans. Whenever the Pats would do something good (which was fairly frequent) they would start screaming ... like not just normal screaming like ridic screaming. It was annoying.
We left BWW and headed home. We changed and headed out to the pool to enjoy some of the beautiful afternoon. The weather was PERFECT.

We had so much fun hanging out and splashing around. I love that we can swim year-round her.





We finished up and headed back to apartment to get ready to grill. We even snuck the doggies down to the pool deck so they could hang with us. Of course, I don't think they are supposed to be out there and we had to creep to the door once the security guard came down to do a walk through. Eeek.

But they enjoyed their time outside.

We ate burgers (port mushroom for me) and watched an ep of Breaking Bad and then the Walking Dead. Another perfect weekend.



No comments:
Post a Comment