I am obsessed with Halloween and always have been. Josh not so much but he's a trooper and if I can come-up with a costume that isn't so costumey ... he'll get involved. This year I came up with a fairly easy one - Mia Wallace and Vincent Vega from Pulp Fiction. Really all he needed was a black suit, white shirt and a wig. I just needed black capris, a white dress shirt and a black bob wig.
Incase you are as big a PF fans as we are ... here's a refresher pic
So Josh got home from work and we go all into character.



I even got to give him a little pony tail. How friggin adorable is this?

We headed out to a party at Porcao, a new restaurant in Mary Brickell Village. Along the way, we noticed some little things that Miami does to play up Halloween. And really. Miami LOVES Halloween. And does it so well.
A Halloween-y colored building
We arrived at de party (Porcao's Fire and Ice Party). And it was so awesome, incredibly over the top and exactly what you'd expect from Miami.

The party was sponsored by Bacardi and Dos Equis and we did the little red carpet.

The main party area was set up around the statue of this dude (I'm not really sure who he is ... Samson would be my best guess but who knows. Kinda inexplicable why he's in the middle of a popular shopping spot. But whatev).
The DJ - dressed as Heisenberg - and a drummer dressed as Alan from the Hangover (complete with baby strapped to the front of him) were set up around the front. All around the sides of the set-up there were stages with dancers that alternated with people who played with fire.


Don't burn me, bro. I could feel the heat.




They would also spray everyone with a dry ice vapor, which was freezing, and felt amazing.


As you may expect, there were also tons of great costumes. Naturally, everyone in this city looks for any excuse to squeeze into some leather or spandex. Halloween is the perfect opportunity. There were lots of Wonderwomen. I think that was the number one costume. Then sexy policemen, sexy firefighters, sexy Where's Waldoes.
But my favs was Bruce Lee who was with a group that was hanging near us.




No comments:
Post a Comment