I've finally emerged from my self-imposed, Game of Thrones hidey-hole to get back to blogging. Again a lapse. But I did catch up (and passed Josh's place in the book). I'm SO obsessed.
Eitherwho. Let me tell you about our celebration: It kicked off Friday afternoon when I had Josh's surprise cupcakes delivered. We had to get both Auburn and Alabama because my Dad was going to visit. They were so cute and out-of-this-world good.

Once Josh got home, we hit up happy hour at Fado and Burgers and Beer for dinner. Josh was so excited to finally get to eat there. We've tried twice before ... once when I didn't have my real ID (only the paper one) and they turned me down for wine (we left). The other no one ever came to our table. I resolved to never go there again.
But that's what the birthday boy wanted. So we went. I had a Portobello burger which was actually really good. The service was much better too. Then we came home (and watched a Game of Thrones). The next day Josh was actually OFF on a Saturday. I made a gym trip and then got ready to go watch the UGA-LSU game in Coral Gables. Before we left though, we were able to squeeze in a Skype session with Ineke and her awesome friends in Belgium. We met most of them when we were there. They're hilarious and wanted to sing happy birthday to Josh. So sweet.
From there, we headed over to Miller's on the Miracle Mile (a collection of shops and restaurants).

We watched most of the game, quite the offensive showdown, and ate dinner. We left, perused the shops and hit up the grocery store. My dad was flying in from Atlanta (an hour and a half flight, after a 3 and a half hour drive) on Sunday to spend a couple of days with us.
We drove out to the airport and picked him up. Then we took a quick trip (as quick as anything can move on a Sunday afternoon in Miami) by Josh's job site and stopped for a late lunch at Whiskey Joe's.
We headed home to show my dad around the apartment, chill out and watch some NFL football.
Then it was time to show him around Brickell ... we hit up everywhere from our favorite car-watching spot at Baru Urbano
(yes Stella from a bottle. I know Ineke is shaking her head right about now)
... took the Metromover to Bayside for dinner at BubbaGump Shrimp Factory.
Guess he wasn't ready??
By this time, it was late and we headed home to bed.
Of course, Josh had to work on his birthday (Monday). That sucked. But my dad and I celebrated for him. We got up early, tended to the dogs then walked downtown and over to the Heat arena.
He was not a fan of walking this far and got blisters all over his feet (though I repeatedly asked if his shoes were comfortable before we left). I guess were until you walk two miles in them).
My original plan was to leave from Bayside via the Water Taxi and go to South Beach. But they don't work on weekdays just the weekends? So we took a standard taxi. We walked around Ocean Drive and had a nice long lunch. Then we briefly hit up the beach.
It was a beautiful day
We took the taxi home to Brickell, took care of the pups and then did a quick Skype with Ineke so my dad could "meet" her and Tijl. We spent the rest of the afternoon by the pool.
Oh and then ... he got into the cupcakes. And did some major damage.
... quickly followed by a nap with his grand pups.
Josh got home around 5:45 p.m. We popped some champagne and got ready for dinner at Morton's. He's wanted to go there since we moved. And so we did.
They even gave us special menus. Sadly, no discounts.
But it was delish, even for a vegetarian. They served me a huge platter of grilled veggies. Yums. Then it was home to enjoy the cigars (for the boys) that Josh bought them to share. And then to bed.
Tuesday we got up early. Josh had to get back to work (of course, I swear it's like he works, works, works and comes home for a quick nap then goes back to it. It really is.). I took my dad to the Metrorail station which runs you straight out to the airport. That's a much better way to get around in the morning. And for $2.25 - you can't beat it. For me, it was back home to get back to all the house wifey duties that I had neglected while my dad was here.
The rest of the week - I won't lie - I've been really lazy and I've also found myself a bit down. I have no idea why. But while I haven't done too much in the way of working out ... I have as I said before finished up Game of Thrones. I've also had a Shakespeare movie marathon. Not too bad. I'm sure I'll be back to me soon enough. In the meantime, it's been a nice little break from routine.










No comments:
Post a Comment