For those who don't have a lot of time, allow me to offer a quick summary.
First.
And then.
That's about it.
But I'll elaborate for those who have more time. So Friday first. I went to the gym and ran for three miles, then did some ab work. I walked home and when Josh rolled in, we went to grill on the porch. We enjoyed some hot tub time while chatting then ate and watched Game of Thrones.
Josh had to go to sleep early since he had to work (of course) on Saturday. I, however, opted to stay up and watch a Sex and the City (or two) whilst drinking another glass of wine that I really didn't need. Eh.
Saturday I got up, took care of the pups and made it to yoga with Carlos. It was a great class. Then I did some cardio and abs. No weight training this week (boo). After that, I walked home and took the puppers on a long walk to the park then watched a special on cults. Super fun.
Josh didn't get home until around 4-ish. He squeezed in a quick Game of Thrones (he's so determined to catch up with me). Then we got ready to go watch the Auburn game out.
We had planned to take the Metrorail to Coconut Grove and go to the sportsbar Duffy's. But, at the last minute, Josh wanted to drive and just leave the car overnight so we could cab it back. Fine.
So we go. Here's the spot at the CocoWalk.

It's got great happy hours (all day - buy one, get one - wha wha?) and pretty decent food. What we didn't have was a decent waiter. Homeboy sucked. And even scolded me at one point for Josh going to the bar to get our second drink (after the buy one, get one ... we originally bought the first at the bar and the bar tender had told us to do that). Asshole. He didn't get much of a tip from us.
Auburn played really well and ended up beating Ole Miss (though they started trying to lose in the second half). We were getting ready to finish the game and head back when Joe and his friends (also engineers who work with J) showed up. Joe, if you don't remember, lived in Savannah and is Josh's engineer who came with us down here.
He brought along a girl he's seeing - a super sweet Tuscaloosa native and Alabama grad - named Morgan. So we hung around a bit longer.

Then were told that all of this was only "pre-gaming"
Well by this time, it was 1 a.m. so we figured fine. We'll roll with it. We've never been out late night in Miami. This was as good a time as any. So we leave Duffy's and Morgan (who also lives in Brickell) drives us all back to our hood. Then we go to Fado around 2:30-ish.


This was the dance floor around 3-ish. Wow.

The place doesn't close until 5 a.m. so it was fair game at 3 a.m. But Josh (who had been up since 4:30 a.m.) was clearly fading fast. We decided to call it a night and walked home. I wasn't wasted face ... just tired. Josh was another story ... haha. Poor guy deserved it though. He's working 80 hour weeks. I didn't fall asleep until 4:30 a.m. and then got back up at 8 a.m. to take the pups out.
Josh did not.
And I couldn't go back to sleep. So I was WIPED all day. That was the day's theme: Tired and Hungover. He no felt good either.
I just hate that he spent his only day off like this ... but oh well. It's the price you pay.
Miami 1, Josh 0
I finally got him up to take me back to my car at Coconut Grove. I even stopped at Johnny Rockets, an old-school type of malt shop, and got him a chocolate shake. J has always wants to eat there but there's not a lot of options for me. Just burgers, fries and milkshakes. So I figured a shake would do.

The rest of the afternoon was mostly spent on the couch, catching up on my DVR. But I did talk him into going down to the pool for a bit.
All-in-all, a great weekend. But the lesson we've learned (once again) is that we cannot party like we once could.





No comments:
Post a Comment