Hola amigos. Tuesday now and I am just getting time to blog. We needed a good weekend and we had a great one.
We'll start with Friday. Josh got home and we had dinner. After that, we rolled over to our local brewery (which is a block away) and had some drinks whilst watching the Heat loose to the Pacers. That was the only real downer. Once that was over, we trodded home.
Saturday we were up early to walk the dogs. Josh went golfing with his co-workers whilst I took myself to lunch, got a pedi then laid out for a few hours. When Josh got back, we walked over to Mary Brickell Village for some car watching (constant parade of lux) and great happy hours (3 to 8 p.m. ... they can do that since NO ONE goes "out" until at least 11 p.m.).
We caught this gem:
A Rolls. Meow.
From there, it was a stop at Publix to pick up things to cook (regular hamburger for J and a portebello mushroom burger for me). Obvi, we don't have a grill on our tiny porch but we do have grills at the pool. And after 7 p.m. you don't have to reserve them with the concierge.
Turns out, we had the place to ourselves.
It was beyond sweet.
Of course all good things must come to an end. And ours came to a loud, dramatic smattering when we were suddenly hit by a random downpour and BAD ASS wind.
I thought at first that it was some of the "mystery rain" I have been encountering since I moved here. Seriously. Ever now and again, I randomly get hit with water droplets ... like on a cloudless day. At first, I just thought it was condensation. Then I worried that I was being hit by urine droplets flying off a porch somewhere.
Either way. It was more than mystery droplets. Momentary downpour.
We popped the umbrella and as we were doing this I remember thinking "bad idea." It was too because at that moment the wind caught it and blew the entire piece over, including our drinks, cheese and condiment plate.
Josh trying to minimize damage
Grilling on the deck
It was such a pretty night ... windy but pretty.
From there, we took the food back to the apt, ate and watched Breaking Bad. Love. The next day was equally fun. We got up and went for coffee. Later, we walked down to Bayside (an outdoor shopping center by the water) and had a beer.
Me!
Lovely day.
And the animals were out in full force. This one with some fetching eyewear.
We went home for lunch then did a little pool time. That night we went back to Bayside to watch the Heat game ... and they won. Whoop whoop.
The CocoWalk is a cute place with tons of restaurants and shops. So we walked around here. (By the end of the weekend Josh was SO sick of walking - haha).
We had lunch at this very funky and cool place called Lulu. I loved the decor - think big metallic fans hanging from the ceiling, damask print, and walls covered with what appeared to be a collage from hip magazines.
Very eclectic
The menu was equally eclectic. We did brunch (125 cal green omelet for me) but you could get lots of stuff - salads, sandwiches, brussel sprouts - whatev. From there, we had to do some "work" and by "we" I mean Josh. He had to take photos of a bridge for work.
I got some good pics of my own
We came back home, hit the pool then chilled. So yeah. Busy weekend all in all. But we had a great time.












No comments:
Post a Comment