Ha. I'm kidding, of course. If we win, I will give every person who reads this post a million dollars. Serious. It's a binding social contract. Cross your fingers. Both for yourself and the good people of Miami cause honestly since I quit working I've developed an aversion to bathing and a nasty habit of forgetting to apply deotoriant. I wonder if that's just a natural progression. Like from Boones Farm to Natty Lite in high school. It's just bound to happen.
K. So back to Friday. It was the end of the week and Josh came home! We haven't hung out much lately so I was stoked. We we walked down to Bayside (close to American Airlines Arena where the Heat play) and there is a bunch of shops/restaurants and a bayfront park there. The Hard Rock Cafe Miami was there so we went in. Very touristy but yeah. I found this ... so awesome.
Duane Allman stain glass window.
Then we walked over to a hookah bar and restaurant. It was very elaborate and over the top with a fire dancer. Seriously.
So yeah it was interesting. Then we stopped in for a drink at Bubba Gump's before hoofing it home. Saturday we beeped and bopped all over the place. We got up early and walked to get coffee and then lunch.
Josh hadn't had a chance to explore yet.
We went to Josh's pick "Burgers and Beer" in Mary Brickell Village. Where, after 20 mins of waiting, we were greeted by our waitress and later denied wine because I had a paper Georgia ID(Sidebar, I WOULD have an official ID but we STILL haven't received our mail here. And yeah I keep caling and complaining. No help. Frustrating. It's supposed to take 7-10 business days. It's nearly been a month.)
So we talked to the manager - who basically said "I don't believe you" and "the only forms of ID we take are passports, HARD copies of licenses etc.). We left in a huff. Won't be going back. It's overpriced anyway.
Then we went to a delish Italian place - Perricone's - and that was wonderful. Best service we had in Miami ... the service here is lacking. Seriously lacking.
Then we hit up the pool and after that - naps. At least for everyone else ... not me.
So we talked to the manager - who basically said "I don't believe you" and "the only forms of ID we take are passports, HARD copies of licenses etc.). We left in a huff. Won't be going back. It's overpriced anyway.
Then we went to a delish Italian place - Perricone's - and that was wonderful. Best service we had in Miami ... the service here is lacking. Seriously lacking.
Then we hit up the pool and after that - naps. At least for everyone else ... not me.
Bug slumbers.
We stayed in Saturday for a big day Sunday. We went shopping then drove up to North Miami Beach. We went to the beach and both enjoyed ourselves.
Yes. It was a lovely day ... with plenty of skin. Sadly, Monday brought reality back. And yes, it stil sucks even when you're unemployed.






No comments:
Post a Comment