OK ... a rant is forth coming. It's about a little institution we call the United States Post Office.
It sucks. It sucks big, neolithic donkey balls. Crude yes, but well-waranted.
If you will:
On April 29, I forwarded our mail from Brunswick to Miami online. Per the site: It (supposedly) "takes 7 to 10 busines days for the forwarded mail to come to the new address." Cool. Fast forward to May 17 - no mail. So I call. I got through two rounds with these folks ... different locales (one in Brunswick and the big cheese in Atlanta.) I get a case number from some monotone mid-westerner.
Aight. Then Monday comes and goes, no effin mail.
I call the Brunswick office again. The Brunswick office assured me that it wasn't there, at our house or at their office. Then I call the big dogs again. They both proceed to tell me that they A) have no clue what's going on with my mail and B) they don't know who I can call to find answers.
But they did gave me the Customer Affairs line. And I inquire as to how the Consumer Affairs Office will help me and how they will find my mail. The big dog post office folks are basically like "well they are our supervisors." So I'm respond ... "you want me to call and tattle on your incompetence?"
Apparently yes. Because they know that the Customer Affairs folks won't care. I've called them twice and gotten the machine. They promise to call you back within the day ... and - surprise, surprise - they don't.
It's just insanity. It's like a magician who makes an elephant disappear behind a sheet. Then you ask magician "come on - what happened to the elephant?" ... and he goes "Seriously. I don't know. It could be in an alternate universe or in the sewar or in your local supermarket. Who the hell knows."
Me: "But it's YOUR trick."
Magician: Shrugs.
This was what the post office was telling me - apparently once you send the mail off ... no one knows where it really goes.
Magggiccc.
Thanks a lot, assholes.
It all just makes me so angry. So very very angry.
Anyway. On to happier news. I forgot to mention in my last post that - on Sunday - we accomplished one of my greatest Miami-living goals. We went to the Deauville in North Miami Beach. It's where the Beatles played their second Ed Sullivan show. It's also where they did one of their most famous photo shoots.
Refresher or just a "fresher" I guess for those not familiar with the Beatles:
All taken at the Deauville pool
North Miami Beach -- South Beach wasn't a big deal then.
And fast forward 49 years ... here I am
Pretty cool.
AND in other "cool" news ... I don't have a job but I DO have a rug.
We still have to put up our photo display behind the couch and so a couple of other things. But we're getting there.
So what else. I've been running again. And this treadmill (while I like to run around Brickell/downtown too) has its own appeal. AC and a view.
I've also been walking as per usual. On the way to get coffee, I found a prospective career.
Professional sandwich.
The mechanic came in to tell me about it ... "You have a screw in your tire!" he said. Might as well have added, "You silly girl." Like somehow this is my fault. I should observe my tires more carefully.
Then they GIVE me the items. What am I supposed to do with these offending items? I brought them back and showed Josh ... just to prove that yes these were the culprits.
War spoils
Ridiculous.











No comments:
Post a Comment