Monday, October 3, 2011

Josh's 31, moving fun plus 18 miles!

OK I haven't blogged in SO long. In fact, my work computer doesn't even auto fill this address anymore. That's sad.

But anyway. I had a great week last week. It was super busy (work wise) then Josh marked the big 3-1 Friday. That was exciting. To celebrate, we went to Crabdaddy's Thursday for dinner (our favorite place). He didn't do to shabby gift-wise either. I got him a gift certificate to the Sunglass Hut, a mixed beer pack from True Vine Wine and Gourmet and an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen.
My folks got him a bunch of Auburn stuff and his parents gave him $$.

A perfect birthday, really. Not to mention, the best gift came when Auburn beat South Carolina (on their home turf). He travelled there to watch with some of his best buddies. I feel sure it was a memorable weekend for him.

It was for me too but for other reasons. Friday, I ordered thai noodles to fuel up for my big 18-miler. I also picked up the old Disney version of the "Sword in the Stone" for like $10 a Wal-Mart. Oh my. Love it. It's always been one of my favs. So I popped that in, ate my Thai and called it a very early night. And a very early morning - I was up at 4 a.m. to get ready. Ashley arrived at 4:30 on the dot and off we went to the island. We parked on a VERY dark street (no street lights and we only had Ash's light) and began our 9-miles out, 9-miles in routine. Well, about an hour into to it, we were on a path that was bordered by woods. We heard something. An animal, walking next to us. Some kind of animal. Eeekk. We nearly killed ourselves trying get away. No lie, that was the fastest we've moved during this entire training period. Hilarious.

We managed to compose ourselves and finish it. The entire 18 miles. Oy vey. Then it was breakfast time. Yums. We did Palmer's and it was friggin awesome. Egg white omelet with breakfast potatoes and ... wait for it ... one pancake each. Our splurge.

After that, we parted ways only to come back together hours later to help Ashley move. She's relocating to her boy-toy's house, which is only a street or two away. It took a while but the upbeat group made the work fun. Not to mention, the AH-Mazing weather.

Striking a pose while moving

From there, it was home to prepare for dinner. Ash was treating me for my manuel labor. And, I was grateful ... moving heavy shiz was super hard (considering my legs were jello). We went to Coastal Kitchen - fab as always. Then it was home where I promptly passed out! LONG, but satisfying day.

Sunday = Sleeping. I slept later than I have in a long time. It. was. awesome. When I did rise, I cleaned and did laundry. I also treated myself to a mani-pedi. Well deserved, I felt.

Josh arrived home around 3-ish and we had a low key night just chilling. Great weekend. And, now with the 18-miler out of the way, there is only one "really" long run on the list. Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment