Friday, October 14, 2011

The big 2-0

It's finally arrived ... the longest run of my life. And I feel ready ... as much as you can ever feel ready for something like that.

But just a little bit of back tracking, not much, promise.

Things this week were much better than last week for sure. My body felt better and I did better with the eating and not drinking. I did do some vodka Wednesday night at Bonefish though. In fact, I felt as though I was slightly "over served." : ) Thursday, after work, I ran 6 miles at the gym whilst watching a show about Kate and Pippa Middleton. Loves. Then it was off to Anna and Mike's (co-workers) home for a fun night of stew making. * We have an annual Brunswick Stewbilee where tons of groups cook Brunswick stew (I'm not a fan - I don't eat pork). It's a lot of fun though even without eating the stew.

So we hung out and had a blast ... having cocktails (yes again) and playing games. Today is Friday and that means EARLY to bed night for a run start time of 6 a.m. We plan to be done by 10 a.m. - oy. That's a REALLY long time. I'll also be missing a weekend in Auburn with my best friends. Emily, Megan and Kelly are all meeting up there. And I'm jealous. I wish I could go but, honestly, Ashley and I couldn't come up with a way to move the training around. Oh well.

That's really all that has been up. I'll report back with news of the run. But first, a Friday funny to share.

Loves! Happy weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy being over served. Especially on a Girl's Night. Those are the best nights to be more intoxicated than you had originally planned ;) Happy 20 Miles! Rock it lady!

    ReplyDelete