Sunday, October 9, 2011

A terrible, horrible, no good, very bad blog post

OK so last week was not good. I started feeling puny, like I was getting sick, early on. Not good. I did two 6-mile training runs but Thursday's did not feel good ... at all. My legs were achy during it and after it. Ugh. Friday. Was. Miserable. I can't remember a worse day. First, I was limping around after the run. I went to work and some a-hole from the Internet started randomly harrassing the News' Facebook page. He decided to pick on me for some reason. He said I looked like a "retarded Matthew Stafford." Wha? Crazy insult to toss out there. Which makes me feel like it's true?


Then I had to go to the lovely "lady doc," which is enough to ruin your day alone. And I was telling the doctor about my training program and he just goes off on how carb loading, etc. Like he knows. He knows vaginas not marathon training. Give me a break. But he goes on and on. The long and short of it ... he thinks that with as much as I'm running I should be "waffer-thin" (because that's healthy) He says I'm eating too many calories and writes down the name of a GNC product (not approved by the FDA) he wants me to buy to help me loose weight. Now premit me a moment to rant. It is my blog, after all.


I work out at least five days a week. Two days are 6-mile runs. One of those days is a 12-plus mile run and has been for the past two monts or so. The rest are weight training. I don't eat fried, don't eat sweets, don't eat much bread. Yes I have to stop eating Cliff bars. Yes I have to stop drinking wine. But GD-it I work REALLY hard and I should get to have a treat every now and then. Guess not.

Even though most women would love to be this size. While the doctor is point out "my tummy" (I was bent over, but yes tummy is the problem area and it has been for years), I'm wearing a size small shirt and a size 2 pant. They fit too it's not like I'm wearing something a size smaller than I should. And society wonders why we (women) have image issues. Hmmm ...


So these two things derailed my day ... my self esteem balloon completely deflated and I was ready to cry (also to go by GNC and pick up this awful HGC shit the doctor recommended). Just awful. That night we had plans to go see Yesterday a Beatles tribute band. I wouldn't have gone unless it was already paid for because I didn't want to leave the house. We did though ... and it was fun. Really fun. They were scary good.


Really good! We went home around 10:30 which was clearly too late to make an early morning run. We planned to do it to Sunday. So Saturday was about chilling and headed down to Jacksonville for a trip to the tile store. We FINALLY nailed down some tile for our bathroom floor. Thank God. And ... da du dum it was about $100. Score.

The big creame-ish tile,on the right, is too big ours is smaller.

The travertine on top of it will be on top of the bath while the mosaic will be on the back.

Worse news ... the clerk who was "helping us" asks me "when are you due" ... for real. Who does that? Hasn't everyone been taught NEVER to do that? So I just turned around and walked off. I was wearing a big, blustry shirt that could be thought of as a maternity shirt. But still, I wanted to cry. And that's when I decided that I was never eating again. Ever.

Fast forward to later ... we watched the Auburn game (it sucked). Then Ash and I had to reschudule plans for our 12-miler because A) my legs were still giving me problems and B) it was raining.

Sunday was just about chilling, relaxing and getting back ready for the week. I still wasn't feeling well and my legs STILL hurt. We just decided to cut our losses and get ready for next Saturday - the big 20-miler. So we have to move forward. Then I got depressed about not being able to do the 12-miler. I really could use to lose those 1,200 calories. * Sigh *

Thanks for listening to my rants, excuses, random lamentations.
Sincerely,
The "Biggie" Blogger

1 comment:

  1. Holy shit I would have been pissed! I can't believe people can be so harsh. For what it's worth, I think you are perfect just the way you are. You've had your moment of letting those turds piss you off, now focus that energy on something more exciting.

    ReplyDelete