Sunday, September 25, 2011

Wedding bells and the five week mark

Hi friends! I hope all is well with you. It's another Monday but I've learned that you have to have them to get to Friday. Plus it's Josh's birthday week so that's exciting.

Of course, there's also a down side. I'm feeling super fat these days and I know I've "found" all of the weight I lost a few months back. How could this happen? Easily. Now that I'm running roughly 30 miles a week I figure it's a free for all diet-wise. Not true. It's sad. So my goal for the next five weeks until the marathon is to cut out the wine (seriously this time ... I've found that was the only thing that really worked before). I'm also cutting out the bread. I will be able to eat my brown rice but that will be all.

And, speaking of the marathon, can you believe that it's been 15 weeks of training? I can't. What is even harder to believe is that it is only five weeks away. O.M.G. This weekend is 18 miles. Then next weekend is 12 ... the weekend of Oct. 15 is 20. After that it's the taper. Crazy.

Let me take you back to Thursday because that was the last real "eventful" day. It was standard operating procedure all day until lunch when I went to the gym to do bi/shoulders. I was doing my first exercise - military press. In the midst of a set, I lifted the barbell and a terrible pain shot down my back. It was terrible. So fast forward through an emergency chiro trip and visit to the emergency care center ... I had apparently "tweaked" my back - yes the technical term used by the doctor. I got a slew of meds ... and felt better. It is MUCH better now. And I'm so glad that it didn't interfere with our 12-mile training run Saturday. That went well and our subsequent breakfast at Palmer's went even better. From there, it was just getting ready for a wedding (Braxton - J's co-worke - and his fiance, Codi). We also had guests - Dave and Amanda Maher - who live in Savannah. They crashed at our place during Saturday night after the wedding.

The wedding really was beautiful and it took me back to our wedding day ... almost four years ago. It was at the Crane Cottage also in Jekyll's historic district.

Here's a peak:

Gorgeous setting

Crane Cottage
The day was perfect. There was a 50 percent chance of rain but, turned out there wasn't a cloud in the sky

Me and Amanda
Me and the beautiful bride

Braxton and Codi are SO cute!!!

Great wedding. We left a bit early then went back to the house to watch the DVR-ed Auburn game. That was pathetic but a win is a win.

As far as Sunday went, it was all about chilling. Seriously outside of laundry I did nothing and it was fabulous!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh my heart skipped a beat when you said you "tweaked" your back. I was so scared you were going to say you couldn't run. Holy shit. Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete