Saturday, October 29, 2011

Marathon week ... a look back over my (approximately) 350 mile journey

It's not a stretch to say that the past 20 weeks of my life have been the toughest. The really have been. Not only have I logged in roughly 350 miles ... I've had to give up all of my Friday nights and many weekend outings because of the running schedule.

** *Of course, I've still managed to have plenty of fun nights filled with debauchery along the way so don't feel THAT sorry for me.

But it has been a long road and FIVE days from now I'll be undertaking the longest run of my life. Best of all, I'll be running with my homie, Ashley, who said that she'd never run another marathon (she's done like 7). Even better, however, we'll be wearing these:

For those of you who are still unfamiliar with the honey badger (and honestly how could you be now ... click here).

So this week will be all about resting up and not running. I was supposed to (per schedule) run 2 miles then do 20 mins of cardio twice this week. But I'm not going to run. I'm just going to stretch and do light cardio. I'm feeling pretty beat up. Excited though.

2 comments:

  1. YOU are a badass! Ryan bought a HB shirt not too long ago. He tried to buy it before he saw the video (the shame!) and I wouldn't let him. Silly boy! Best of luck at your marathon lady! You are going to do AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your marathon recap - so proud of you lady!! And LOVE the shirt!!

    ReplyDelete