Hey homies! Hope you're week is going well. We've made it to hump day. Almost there.
Let me recap the previous days backing it up to Monday, the ever-dreaded marketing ploy that is Valentine's Day.
Of course, with everything going on over the past week (death and babies) I wasn't really thinking about it. I did get Josh a card a while back (thank goodness for foresight) but that was it. I also sent him this e-card.

"Fully" being the operative word
I went to work where I played catch-up all day then did cardio at lunch. After work, I met up with Jim and did chest and shoulders. Nothing like spending Valentine's Day with a man that likes to torture you (one who isn't your husband). After that, I went home and we grilled. I thought (silly me) that Josh would at least get me a card ... even though I hate cards and think they're a total waste of money.
*** I don't really get the appea. They have to be tossed. If you keep them, you'll be over run with sub-par "greetings." It's like the Seinfeld episode where one of Jerry's girlfriends gets pissed because he didn't keep her card. Apparently, you have to keep them for three days. That's there shelf life and the amount of time that other people expect you to keep them. Now I tack mine on the bulletin board (for three days).
I didn't have to worry about that though -- ol' boy didn't get me a card (or anything else for that matter). Fine. At least, that's what I said but it did kind of hurt my feelings. Stupid, of course, but still.
Anyway ... come Tuesday I was fine mostly because I went and bought a new product system I discovered at my mom's. I had seen it before - it's called Philosophy. I'm always skeptical about trying something new. I usually get suckered in to buying something because I like the packaging. And I DO love this packaging but the product within is just awesome. There are a lot of products in the line but I like the cleasning system. I don't usually freak out over/plug a product - but this, it's Ah-ma-zing.
The best part of it is the moisturizer called "Hope in a Jar." Outstanding. I used it last week and my skin was immediately 10 times softer. I went to Ulta and got the starter kit plus a under eye "lightener" cream ("Out of the Shadows"). I'm skeptical about it. I've been told that there's no way around the dark circles. It's hereditary. But I figured I'd try it. Why not? While I was at Ulta I also discovered this perfume that Philosophy makes called Grace. There are like 10 kinds - Pure Grace, Amazing Grace and so on. It too is amazing. It smells so clean. I want!
Anyway .... in other Tuesday news - I did shoulders and rear delts. I also ran three miles on the tready. Then, it was home to eat dinner and chill. Josh and I went over some new car finding. Yes. The hunt is on again. Here are the two front runners:



It's practical and would cost less to fuel ... it'd also cost way less to service. Plus my Dad has been through the whole used-Mercedes wringer. It's been rough (and expensive). Now he's got a new Mazda 6. That's something to think about. The practical Lindsey says - "SAVE MONEY." The not-so-practical side says "IT'S A FRIGGIN BENZ." Stay tuned to see which side wins.
A 2007 Mercedes SUV - it's immaculate. I'm in love. It's got 47,000 miles on it. Leather. Sun roof. Fully loaded. Drives like a dream (yes, I've driven it). In. love. Amazing deal being offered for about $15,000 less than the Kelley Blue Book value.


Then there's the 2011 Ford Escape. Josh gets a rebate on new Fords through his company. It's very nice too. If we went this route, we could get a luxury model (leather and sun roof). I like the silver one best.

It's practical and would cost less to fuel ... it'd also cost way less to service. Plus my Dad has been through the whole used-Mercedes wringer. It's been rough (and expensive). Now he's got a new Mazda 6. That's something to think about. The practical Lindsey says - "SAVE MONEY." The not-so-practical side says "IT'S A FRIGGIN BENZ." Stay tuned to see which side wins.• Q: How do you feel about Valentine's Day? Did you get anything exciting? Or do you think it's just a big ol' waste of time and money? Personally, I think it's overrated BUT when you don't get squat it feels like a big deal.
• Q: What's the deciding factor for you when you buy a car? Price/deal? Future savings on gas? This is my first time ... I'm not good at it.
I LOVE my Escape! It's an 05 but fully loaded. I plan on driving the bad boy into the ground. I love it so much, I would totally purchase another one in the future.
ReplyDeleteI think Valentine's Day is a bit overrated. Ryan failed last year and I was hurt/pissed. How hard is it to buy or make a card gentlemen?!? He did pull through this year though. I'm just happy we're one holiday closer to not having to spend any more apart! If I had my perfect Vday, it would involve wine, cooking dinner together, and a good movie. Going out is a waste of money and time. Those waits for dinner are crazy long!
How cool that you have an Escape! Such nice cars! : ) It's a lot like the Tribute I'm driving now ... that I love.
ReplyDeleteOh I agree ... going out is kinda silly. But we always want them to do something for us, right? I'm really glad that you guys won't be apart next year. Being together is the most important thing - AWWWWWW - hehe.