Sunday, February 20, 2011

When it rains, it friggin pours

Truly. I mean it's just unreal ... the massive shiz storm that has been loosed upon my life this week. It's kind of funny in a sad way. Like some sort or morbid comedy. 

Wanna hear about it? Oh yeah ya do - let me take you back to Monday, which was a fine day overall. I went to work, I worked out and came home to chill. That's when we noticed that it was a little warm in the hizzle (even though the air was on). I also noticed that there were some strange, winged bugs in my bath tub.  

Very odd. Little did I know that these were signs of a forthcoming apocalypse (OK maybe I'm being a little dramatic - only a little). On Tuesday, Josh spoke to our accountant who found that we were getting money back. Yay, right? We also had a guy (husband of one of my co-workers) come out and check the AC unit. It's dunzo. Boom. Gone. Good bye refund. Now everything planned is in limbo - i.e. buying a car. It's just ludacris I can't believe how much they cost. So that's a huge blow. 

Now back to the bugs - they APPEAR to be termites. Yep. Termites. Now we live in a brick house ... built on a slab. So what could they be eating? We did some research and discovered that the males/drones often look to procreate with females in a "moist" environment (i.e. a tub). They often "swarm" in locations without necessarily eating anything. Josh has gotten some (expensive) treatment that he's going to do himself. If that doesn't take care of them, we'll get someone out to look.

So there's that. And, as you can imagine, the rest of Tuesday blew because I was all stressed out about that. I did make my workouts (three miles at lunch and back/rear delts after work). Blah. Why do things have to happen like this? And, yes I know that I could have it SO MUCH WORSE. I realize that. I know how blessed I am ... but sometimes you've just gotta bitch. And it's my blog and I'll bitch if I wanna : ) 

• Have you ever had random, unfortunate events befall you in a series? I feel like Lemony Snicket over here ... "A Series of Unfortunate Events."

• Who do you turn to when the sky falls? For me, it's like an assemby line. First I cry/yell/whine to Josh. Then I call my mom. Then I call my dad. Then I usually e-mail several of my best friends and whine to them. Then I take it to the blog. THEN I do it all again. 

2 comments:

  1. oh girl - when it rains it pours indeed. And typically right AFTER you write a check for something you WANTED, you need to pay more for something you NEED. We had to replace our AC RIGHT after the lighting project last year. fml indeed. hang in there! hope the treatments work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Venting always makes me feel better. I agree with Kelly, something always happens after you buy something fun. Boo, life, boo! Hope it turns up soon for you!

    ReplyDelete