Thursday, February 24, 2011

Date night, squat mishap and "da, da, da" ... our new baby!!

Things are definitely looking up now. Such a relief. 

I'll start with Wednesday so I don't get ahead of myself. It was working (as usual) and doing legs at lunch. Cori was helping me with squats and (sadly) I was having labrium pain and it soon became clear that I was uncomfortable. I warmed-up easily then did 10 reps with 95 lbs (free weights). Cori noticed that my body was looking funky. She didn't want me to continue with those ... afraid I would hurt myself. I did weighted wall ball squats instead. Boo. Then I did my standard routine - leg pressing 150 lbs and 70-80 lbs on leg extensions now - whoop!! I ended with cardio (elliptical) and went back to work. 

Once I got off, I went home and later to dinner with Josh Fox's - a pizza place downtown (chicken salad for me). We had a great convo and hashed out our issues. Some things were still kind of up in the air but (termites and the AC - appointments for both Friday) of BUT we did settle ONE thing ... the car. 

Thursday - it was all about getting that done. The paperwork was signed and I drove my baby off the lot. And, honestly, the rest of the day (other than work) was about playing with it and figuring out the options (still haven't done it all). I didn't even work out because I was so absorbed. Plus those 150 lbs leg presses made me SUPER sore.

Here it is - my 2007 ML 350 
Love it!

Getting used to its new home (AKA the driveway)

Here's a shot of the interior - love the light colors


The center "do-dad" (yes, that's its techinical term) offers a GPS, compass, Sirus and CD/DVD player that opens - in a super fun way - it comes out and folds down like something out of Independence Day.

When you back up, it becomes a camera. There's Josh.

I also found a prize while looking through the glove compartment box .... 

An unused gift card to Saks!! 

Erika was right though, "so you can buy a pair of socks there!" LOL.

I'm just so thrilled with it. Fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong/tears up AND that the Gaddafi drama soon ends. Gas prices are nutso (especially when you have to buy premium).

2 comments: