All in all though I've had a pretty productive weekend. I'm kinda proud.
I started off the weekend with a monster headache. It began around 2 p.m. Pretty much felt like I had an ice pick in my ear. Ugh. So I hit the door just as soon as I was able...Josh was at home asleep - bless him, the boy had SUCH a long week.
We usually grill on Friday and just chill but with J out of commission I decided to snap up a $5.99 Dominos pepperoni pizza (aren't I awesome - ha!). So I popped in, placed my order, and went to grab some groceries. I opted for Chinese from China One. Steamed veggies with shrimp and white rice. Of course, no brown sauce for me. Yums.
I got home to find Josh still snoozing (he slept until about 8, which was fine) so I made him some chocolate chip cookies. :) Yes. I am AWESOME. Ha! I had a drink or two whilst putting together my presentation for my Monday class - so that was good. Once he was awake, we caught back up on some shows we TiVo-ed during the week - Futurama and Ghost Hunters. We were offically in bed by 10 --- loved it.
I woke up early Saturday. I did dishes and some laundry. I did Ab Ripper X and ran three miles. After a shower, I started on my paper for my Trends class. I made mad progress - of course I invested like six hours in it - but mad progress. I just shut myself off in our computer room and go to town. Once that was done, we got ready and went to hang out with sweet Chasity (the bartender and also Josh's co-worker Butch's daughter) for Outback's happy hour. It was fun but sitting at the bar you always put yourself "out there" - ya know? There is no buffer. And you shouldn't expect one because you've gone and put yourself "out there." Not a good plan. We got roped into talking to this super strange hot dog vendor. He tossed out the most random comments not to mention multiple critiques of Chasity's drink making abilities - gasp! He didn't get any of our hints - talking to each other, turning away from him, checking the cell - It was like "DUDE we don't want to chat. GO AWAY." But he'd seen my picture in the paper for the news channel deal so I didn't want to be a complete bizatch. I was so glad when he left. STRANGE BIRD.
We ordered dinner - I got the large verison of the ahi tuna and ate that as my meal with a side salad plus veggies. YUM. When we left, we watched the sunset on the pier and took the pics below. Know you'll know why our local is called the "Golden Isles."
St. Simons Island
The pictures below are from our little photo shoot:



After we were done with the pier we went to Palm Coast and listened to Corn Eyed Trout - they are great!
Sunday I woke up around 7 a.m. - I hadn't had enough sleep and way too much fun Saturday. Bad combo. Still I got up...fed the dogs and started on the paper, cleaned the house, and did laundry. I finished my second paper - WHOOP WHOOP. I had every intention of working out but it just didn't happen. Unfortunate. Instead I had a hot bath, read some of my book and had some wine. I'll be back to being good tomorrow. : )
I didn't get to work out this weekend either - boo!! Glad you got so much schoolwork done though and I LOVE the pics!
ReplyDeleteWas this the band that played Grateful Dead songs?!?!
ReplyDeleteThanks Kel.
ReplyDeleteYes Tiff - that was. : ) You would love them!