Monday, June 28, 2010

Moving along with my eye on the prize (i.e. the weekend)

Monday - It's been a GREAT Monday. That's something that I don't say very often either. I got up at 5 a.m., fed the dogs, got my things and hit the gym. I ran six miles. It was AWESOME. It felt so good. I actually got the best "runner's high" that I've ever had. I felt like superwoman. So that was a great start to the day. : ) And it was a LONG day. Work went well. I hit the gym again for upper body and abs. Then headed to school for a LONG evening of presentations. I got home after 9:30 p.m. settled in and went to bed.

Tuesday - Tuesday was not as great as Monday. Strange. Work was kind of insane. Truth be told it's been a bizarre couple of weeks. Prostitutes, indictments, elections, firings - oh my. Thankful none of that is my "beat." But, I do get a "contact" exhaustion from listening to all the drama. After work, I was so tired. I went home and vegged. Gotta gear up for presentation 2 tomorrow night. The fun never ends!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the 6 miles!! Heck of a milestone - i'm still trying to get back to 3 again!! Today I hit my most recent milestone (23 minutes straight at 6.3 mph with a 1-minute 7.5 mph sprint) - 2.5 miles! I didn't get a high though - just a sweat!! LOL

    ReplyDelete