Happy Friday, peeps! Hope all is well out there. I've been having a pretty standard week and I'm looking forward to quality time with the man this weekend.
Let's take a look at what's been up in casa de Adkison.
First, if I may, ... a dramatization of the effectiveness of the United States Postal Service.
First, if I may, ... a dramatization of the effectiveness of the United States Postal Service.
Yes. I'm still fighting with them. Seriously. I have developed quite the extensive "profile." I've got like six case numbers and still no one has any effing clue where my shiz is. Apparently mail evaporates. So yeah. I hate them.
In other news: we (and by "we" I mean Josh) finally put up our photos. They are kinda crooked so we have to work on that but I'm glad there is some wall art.
Byron digs the pictures.
Oh and speaking of Byron ... he's still as much of an asshole to other dogs as he was on day one. Well I take that back some days he's better than others. But MOST days he's a total jerk ... barks, growls and ferociously confronts any canine he comes across. There have been a few pups that he's taken a shine to ... usually only when Josh is around. I figure this is because I'm not multitasking with both of them, sending out my stress/fear vibes. I'm more relaxed (cause I'm walking Keats) and Josh is fine with letting Byron run up to any dog that he wants. He doesn't bark until he gets close, smells, then rejects them ... unleashing his fury. Then Josh yanks him up and beats the *+$# out of him (I know we're gonna get a visit from the Miami-Dade Animal Control -- abuse division).
But apparently the beast isn't all froth and hate. One little fluffy dog (dad is Billy) has exposed a sunny spot in his black little heart. He LOVES her. Probably because when he runs up on her she immediately flops over and "submits." Byron was all like
Total love Bug.
We literally had to drag him away. He's also met a Scottish terrier named Harvard that he is down with just not as much as the fluffy submissive. That's his girl.
Other than that ... he's a total dick to every dog he meets. It's even true when he's in the sanctity of his stroller. If the elevator doors open and a dog is inside, he lets loose, barking and clawing at the mesh.
It feels like this ... certainly for me and I assume the people/dogs being accosted.
Even through all of his bark ... he really doesn't want confrontation. Not really. If any dog acts like they are going to retaliate, he starts crying and runs away. So what he's really saying is
Sigh. The little guy really needs to heed his own advice.
Word has gotten around though. When people and dogs see him, it's like this
Exactly like this.
So yeah. Constant battle. I have the world's biggest a-hole of a dog. It's a true (and often scary) story.
And speaking of scary stories ... I've been getting my fair share, outside of my real life that is. I went on a bit of a literary blitzkrieg. Why not? It's summer and I'm unemployed. I should be reading the entire collection of the Miami-Dade library.
Here's what I've been checking out either on audiobook or Kindle:
Heard them all but it never gets old
I listened to this on the way to/from Brunswick. It was kinda a let down. I mean, I've been a Walking Dead fan for quite a while ... so it's like "there's nothing new here." Seen it/heard it. Thanks though.
An oldy but a goody. I read this in college so I downloaded it for free on the Kindle. Same story ... it's good. I know it gets depressing but I can't remember everything that happens.
You can never go wrong with a classic.
Besides reading, I've been learning. Yes! Learning. I'm obsessed with these language games. It's an app on the iPhone. And I friggin love it. So addictive and yes you are LEARNING.
The first game (with many subgames) is Mindsnack's Spanish lessons. Like I said, there are several kinds of games that take you through different vocabulary. In this one, you see the word then select the picture that goes with it. Then, if you're right, the frog eats it and is happy. The more you get right the more the frog eats and happier/fuller he gets. Once he's thoroughly satisfied, you go on to the next level.
Tina is the tub!
I've got a Dutch one too. It's not as gamey but still fun. I can spend hours playing this on the treadmill and by the pool.
Bet you can't guess this one ...
Tomato!
So that's a wrap. Other than fighting with the post office and the pup, I've been reading and learning. Whooo hoo. It's summer time and the livin 'is easy (when you're unemployed)!












No comments:
Post a Comment