Monday, June 10, 2013

Catching up

Good lord. I have really been busy. Busy for someone who is unemployed. So without further adieu ... here's what's been up - in addition to the usual dog care, husband care and house care that's been going on.
 
1) Car watching
 

It's one of our favorite things. And an activity that can be done anywhere in the city but we've found the prime spot for it.
 
We beep over to Mary Brickell Village to our fav happy hour spot - Baru Urbano (city bar for those not down with the Espanol). It's the locale for watching all of the lux cars that comes rollin down the way. Here's a sample - Lambo and Ferrari. Josh and I are peeking at them from the balcony and salivating whilst simultaneously (and not-so-covertly) snapping cell pics. Yeah we're cool.

2) Embracing science
 
 

So we all know what a freak for science Josh is ... yes? Of course that dorkdom pays the bills which I appreciate. So when I heard about the planetarium/museum of science right down the road in Coconut Grove that went to the top of our Miami To Do list. Yeah. Not a hip club or bar or shop. The museum. And I loved it.
 


That's a big ass bear

Josh was like a kid in a candy store. Such a great time.
 
3) Visiting Brunswick
 

Josh had a training in Dallas so the kids and I bugged out and went back to Brunswick. I had tons to do there - like try to find my missing mail. But I also got quality time with my sweet house sitter and bestie, Sarah. She's living there with her adorable kitty (StayPuft) and taking care of it and the yard. She's doing a great job and we had so much fun hanging out.
 

At trivia with Mike and Anna. I also had dinner with Ashley and Marla.
 

I also took time to get both the kids' haircuts while in Brunswick.
 
So cute!
 
I had planned to drive back on Wednesday but nature had other plans. Tropical storm Andrea came sweeping through and we weren't able to make it back until Friday. I had a blast with all my friends. But I missed Josh. And I missed Miami. This city is growing on me. As long as I don't have to drive.
 
4) Golfing trip and Deerfield Beach Trip
 
Well I didn't go golfing but I did drop Josh so he could go with his work buddies. It was a nice peak at the swanky Key Biscayne golf club. Nice.
 
So then I drove up to Deerfield Beach/Boca Roton for lunch with Jackie (J's boss' wife) and her friends.
 

 

It was a nice change. Then Jackie road back to Miami with me and we did drinks at a restaurant by the water.
 
So yes. All in all, we've been having some good times. And we plan to keep them rolling.  

No comments:

Post a Comment