Monday, August 1, 2011

The Mondays and a weekend wrap-up

Hola amigos ... happy Monday. It's happy now because it's over. And, I'll be honest I had one major case of "the Mondays." An oh-my-God-I'm-gonna-punch-you-in-the-face kinda day. But I've simmered in wine so all is well.

But back to happier times ... ala´ the weekend. I'll start by going back to Friday. Josh was out of town from Wednesday to late Friday evening so I was already excited about seeing him. I thought about it all day. It went quickly too. I was busy at work, ate lunch with Ashley and hit the gym after. I did a bit of light cardio then tris/shoulders. Then it was a quick trip to the grocery store and home to the pups for dinner. It wasn't long before I had to go to bed. I couldn't even stay up for J's arrival. Ash and I had plans to run 8 miles at 6 a.m. Saturday. I tried to go to bed around 10 ... no luck. But I was out by the time Josh rolled in at 11:30 p.m. AND then I was awake again at 5:30 a.m. to get ready.

And off to run. Eight miles, which is the longest I've run to date (for this marathon). Ashley came to get me and Julio joined us. We ran on St. Simons then grabbed breakfast. We finished around 8 a.m. so it was HOT. I mean HOTTTT. I was smart and brought a change of clothes. They didn't and had to eat in their sweaty stuff. Ha ... there's something to being prepared.

From there, it was home for chores, then to the beach. Yes. We FINALLY made it. Of course, J hates the beach but I guilted him into it. And he went.

Honestly. I don't know why he makes such a fuss. All I want is for him to go, drink beer and lay on sand. That's not hard. A lot of people love it. I'm one of them but my spouse? Not so much. He only wants to go if he can have another guy there to do "manly" things with - tossing a frisbee or a football. I dunno.

I had fun! Got to rock my new ($14) Forever 21 bikini

Also "rockin" a new beach chair.

Side note: I stopped to get it on the way to Jekyll. When I grabbed it I knocked over a big display of boogie boards. I felt terrible (and embarrassed because everyone was staring at me). A store employee came over and I apologized. A sincere "I am SO sorry." She goes "uh huh." And that was that. I just walked away without even attempting to help her clean it up. What a bizatch.

Back to the beach ...

Our "sand neighbors" brought their pack of dogs. It was WAY too hot for them.

After the beach, we went home and grilled then headed over to Zachry's for drinks with Greg and Amy. Greg and Josh are golfing buddies. Amy is Greg's wife. They're a fun couple. We chilled and listened to one of my local favorites - Soul Gravy. I know. I've mentioned them a time or two.

Courtesy of Amy ... I'm wearing my new Mumford and Sons tee.
I only buy band shirts is I really LOVE them and I really LOVE them!

Then it was home. Sunday was a fun day. I got up, did laundry then took myself for a manicure and sushi for lunch. I ran errands (trip to Target and Old Navy). I headed home to chill and read my new book - "The Red Queen." Around 5:30-ish I met Ash for an hour long deep stretching session at the gym. We totally needed that after the run.

Josh and I had dinner then went to bed early. GREAT weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Fun weekend! hehe Boys can be annoying about the beach.

    Glad the running is going so well! And great Tee -I love them too!

    ReplyDelete