Sunday, August 21, 2011

12 miles and date night

Hi friends,
I hope your Monday is starting off well. For me, it's even more stressful as a hurricane is taking direct aim at us. That's making me a bit nervous, though I know that a hurricane hasn't hit us since the 1800s.


But anyway ... there's no point to stress. Instead, let's look at what happened over the weekend, shall we? Friday night was obviously an early one. And a yummy one. I cooked pasta (whole grain, whole wheat) but still delicious. Loved it. Then, I had to go to bed uber early to wake up at .... dadada

Yep 4:24 a.m. Saturday morning. Julio and Ashley picked me up and off we went to St. Simons Island for our 12-miler. This is my longest distance since my half marathon in February 2010.

This is what it looks like for the majority of the run.

Then it gets lighter.

There I go.

We finished in roughly 2 hours and 30 minutes, which isn't too bad. We got off course and had to stop in a store so that took time.

Julio did so well too. He's only training for the half marathon so this was a very long distance for him. I only did 11 miles before the half. But this time, I felt great when we finished. We did a quick change and went to breakfast. From there it was home to my standard Epsom salt bath and shower. Once I was clean, I headed out for a mani-pedi (obviously one of my favorite weekend activities) then home to clean up a bit. Josh and I headed out around 4-ish to get haircuts. He went to Sports Clips and I went to Ulta for a trim. We did an early dinner at Millhouse and home to play cards. I FINALLY beat him in rummy. I don' think it was the first time but it was a rarity for sure.

Of course, by 9 p.m. I was spent. Very productive day though.

Sunday, on the other hand, was all about getting things ready for the work week. I cleaned and did laundry. I pre-cooked and grocery shopped. That night, we grilled and watched Kill Bill 2. Lovely chill night.

1 comment: