I'll share mine. As you prob. read - my Monday sucked. But it was a Monday. So ya know - what can be done?
Tuesday was better. I got things done at work. Then headed for a four-miler at the gym. It was Shark Week this week so I watched a riveting program about that whilst running. It certainly made me glad that I'm not a swimmer.
This included my 5-minute warm-up and walking intervals (Galloway style).
Wednesday ... it was a better day. It is my off day (from working out) and I'm starting to LOVE it, although I still feel guilty about not working out. That night we ate at Cilantro's for date night. It was super yummy.
That brings me to Thursday which kind of sucked. I didn't feel well all day. I just felt "off" (Bad Mexican food?). Who knows. I was SUPPOSED to run four miles and do a back workout. BUT I've had a sore back muscle for weeks and I haven't done back for a while. I'm going to the chiropractor (for the first time) to see if that can be resolved on Aug. 10 - Stay tuned. I've always been skeptical of chiros and would rather just have a massage.
So long story short I came home Thursday and took another day off. Yes I felt guilty but I sweated all the guilt away at 5 a.m. Friday morning when I ran 4 miles outside (it was 80 degrees at 5 a.m.). Great run though. At work, I went to lunch with Louie and Meghan which was a fun way to break up the day. Then I hit the gym for biceps-shoulders after work. I also had to run a quick work-related errand then it was home to ... PASTA. Oh yes. I hate the $*@( outta some pasta in anticipation of my 10-miler Saturday morning. It was baked chicken pasta so it wasn't as bad as it could have been still I felt like SUCH a glutton.
**** IT. WAS. FABULOUS. ****
Josh also took the opportunity to splurge even though he wasn't running ...

Josh with two ENORMOUS slices of pizza, a bowl of mac and cheese and a beer. I hate him for his metabolism.
After dinner, it was STRAIGHT to bed. Ashley was picking me up ... wait for it ... at 4:30 a.m. Saturday morning to run on St. Simons. And she was on time (a first - Haha). We started out at Coastal Kitchen and ran five miles out to the beach and then the five miles back. When we started, of course, it was PITCH black out thankfully we had little flashlights to guide us. There are paths/sidewalks so it's not like we had to run in the streets, which is always a plus. On the way back in, we encountered a little snake on one of those said paths and Ash jumped (no lie) five feet in the air. And then we proceeded to scream and dance around like little girls. : )
Truth be told, the poor little guy looked way more freaked out than we were and made MAJOR slither motion off into the grass.
We finished around 6:45 a.m. And I was completley drenched. Of course, I did run through a couple of sprinklers too.
FYI those shorts are RED as in Troy colors - burgandy - but the were completely soaked and looked black. I changed at the marina so I didn't leave a huge butt print on Ash's seat. Then it was home. I didn't want to go back to sleep so that my body will start to think that is what happens after long runs. And, this one wasn't even that long considering. For instance, Oct. 2 ... is the 20 miler. I don't want my body to poop out after those long runs.
Instead I showered and sat for 20 mins in a bath of Epson salts. This has become a routine and I haven't been the least bit sore yet. I'm planning to keep that up.
Turns out, I was the only weekend warrior in the house ....
They enjoy sleep-in Saturdays (and Sundays!)
Anyway the rest of the day was super fun and I was so glad that I was done with the hardest part of my day BEFORE 7 a.m. Quick rundown the activities for the rest of the day included: Mani/pedi, grooming for Byron, grocery shopping and later a dinner date with Josh at Bonefish.
Dinner was kind of a downer though because the service SUCKED. Then Josh had a massive acid reflux attack and couldn't finish eating. Or drinking for that matter - it was the first time I've ever seen him leave a beer on the table ... crazy.
When we got home it was 10 p.m., and I could offically crash. And crash I did. GREAT day though.
Instead I showered and sat for 20 mins in a bath of Epson salts. This has become a routine and I haven't been the least bit sore yet. I'm planning to keep that up.
Turns out, I was the only weekend warrior in the house ....
They enjoy sleep-in Saturdays (and Sundays!) Anyway the rest of the day was super fun and I was so glad that I was done with the hardest part of my day BEFORE 7 a.m. Quick rundown the activities for the rest of the day included: Mani/pedi, grooming for Byron, grocery shopping and later a dinner date with Josh at Bonefish.
Dinner was kind of a downer though because the service SUCKED. Then Josh had a massive acid reflux attack and couldn't finish eating. Or drinking for that matter - it was the first time I've ever seen him leave a beer on the table ... crazy.
When we got home it was 10 p.m., and I could offically crash. And crash I did. GREAT day though.
Cute running pic little Lindsey! And OMG I hate him for his metabolism too!!!!! GAH
ReplyDelete