Sunday, August 14, 2011

Training continues and a visit with my bestie

I admit it. I have been a grade-A slacker when it comes to blogging. We took a trip last weekend and it totally threw me off. I've had to play catch-up every day. Oy vey!

Of course, the trip was a blast. We drove up to Atlanta (actually Peachtree City) Thursday afternoon. Josh was playing in a work-related, charity golf tournament Friday morning. I took the initiative of doing my long run for the week that morning. Good thing too. I had way too much fun there to worry about the run.

Anwyhoo so we got to the hotel and checked-in, did dinner, then drinks with some of his co-workers at the bar and called it a night. The next day, Friday, I got to hang out at the hotel, the Wyndom, which was actually really nice. It had a great fitness center (included a lap pool and racketball courts). The pool outdoors wasn't too shabby either.

Check it. I loved the little shaded lounge areas.

Once J was done, we drove over to Alpharetta ... through Atlanta.

B-I-G

Oh Atlanta

We grabbed a bite at Bahama Breezes (first time there, Josh wasn't a fan of all the "strange food." He wanted to know "what's guava bbq sauce.") *Sigh*

We did meet up with some more adventureous diners, my best friend Kelly and her hubby Austin. It was actually his birthday and it was so nice of them to share it with us. We had drinks (an unbelievable bottle of wine called, appropriately enough, Austintatous. They got it in Napa) at their AMAZING house then headed over to a brewery. Here's a look at the festivities:

Birthday shooters for Austin (and the rest of us)!

Josh and Austin playing Corn Hole

I just adore Kelly. She's been one of my best friends since high school. And it doesn't matter how long we're apart, we're always the same. And so is our relationship. It's just one of those friendships where you know each other backwards and forwards. We often finish each other's sentences or say the same thing at the same time. Perfection.

We stayed at the brewery and played Corn Hole then headed back to their house. Great night. The next day Kel and I got up and headed to the outlets. We did her returns and beeped over to her workplace, Autotrader. Such a great building with fun, exciting decor and a complete view of ATL. I don't even have a window ... whomp whomp.

From there, we went to Trader Joe's (something else we don't have here!) and got food for the cookout we were planning for the night. After shopping we headed home for chill time and cooked around 7-ish. So many great friends (I met most through Kel and Austin) showed up. Plus Kel's sister, Devon, brought her baby boy, Dane. He's about six months old and A DOLL! He wasn't the only baby. Our friends John and Jennifer brought their baby, Brady, over too. It was a total baby bonanza!

Jen and baby Brady on the left and Monica holding Dane (Devon's baby) on the right.

Baby Dane! Devon's baby ... so sweet!

Check out Mr. Brady Walton Carroll. He hasn't missed any meals! Such a cute chub chub.

The girls. Jennifer, on the back row, from left, Devon, Monica. Then Kel, front row from left, Mary Tanory, and me.

Kel and her babies ... Remy on the left and Reuben on the right.

We had a blast catching-up with everyone. Plus seeing the babies interact was priceless. Awesome night. After everyone left, we hung out and watched some funny videos. Yes the honeybadger made an appearance. Then it was off to bed.

Sunday was all about getting on the road and heading home. Everytime we go I makes me wish that we lived closer. Well actually I always wish that but the visits really drive it home. Such a great time. Of course, I vote for the Martins moving here. Beach + Less Traffic = winning. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment