For those playing the home game, we survived Irene. It actually was so far off shore that we didn't even get rain, which was kinda a bummer. We needed some of that. But I'll take clear skies over vengeful nature any day.
Let me first hit the high points of the past work week (few as they may be) then I'll jump right into what matters most in life - weekend activities.
Work has continued to be incredibly stressful. I have yet to discover a "rhythm." I'm always feeling a bit rushed, which is something I hate and can't get used to ... on the workout front - I made all of my training runs last week whilst virtually ignoring strength training (who am I?). I ran four miles before work Tuesday (bad run - it was like my body forgot how since the 12-miler the previous Saturday). Then Thursday, I ran at the gym, which was yet another bad choice because it (the one closest home) is under renovation. Paint fumes and constant pounding of hammers. That makes for a miserable run. BUT I was able to plug into the television and THANKFULLY the Kardasians were on. Now, let me be clear, I usually watch "educational programming." What some could call "boring." My favorites include "The Naked Archeologist," (FYI he's neither naked or an archeologist but it's a fun show on the History Channel that explores a lot of Biblically-linked history) "Ancient Almanac," "History's Mysteries." Never mind the Science Channel who-ha, Josh makes me watch. But when I'm at the gym, all I want to watch is "crap TV." Ash and I love "Ice and Coco" and "Toddlers in Tiaras" but honestly I have been watching the Kardasians the most. I'm kind of obsessed and now ... it's followed me home. I've added it to my DVR line-up. Eeekk. It's so unnecessary and ridiculous. But I love it. Haha.
Anywhoo - I made the four miler thanks to bad TV. Friday morning I took-in an early morning yoga class - ah-mazing and MUCH needed. Went to work then home to chill. I ate pasta for dinner again (energy for that 10 miler Sat. a.m.). It made my life. For real. Then it was off to bed around 8 p.m. to wake-up at 4 a.m. to get ready and head over to St. Simons Island.
For specifics on this run visit my running blog ... suffices to say there were many wild animal encounters along the way. No honey badger sightings though. Ash and I wrapped the run and went for breakfast at Palmer's Cafe in the village. We both got this egg white, Tuscan-inspired omelet with goat cheese. It was like eating a piece of heaven. There was def. rejoicing in my mouth. I even took a picture of it.

Yums.
So after Ash dropped me at my house ... we chilled (and I watched the Kardashians). Then I had to beep over to St. Simons again for a work/brainstorming meeting with my fellow reporters. Once the working portion was done, we decided to have our own "team building" excursion by spending a few hours on the beach. Sure the waves were kind of big from Irene but that was no deterrent. Out we went. And it was SO. MUCH. FUN.
We headed home and crashed, which was much needed. We had previously had plans to hang with Ash and gang at Julio's and watch a UFC fight but then their guests' plans changed. We thought about doing something with Greg and Amy. But nope - I needed to rest and honestly I was asleep around 9:30 p.m. Long day.
Sunday was all about cleaning and relaxing. Both were much needed. Josh and I got up early and did lunch at Southern Soul BBQ. I got groceries, did laundry and cleaned the house. I even touched up some knicks in the paint in our hallways which J golfed. It was a really productive day!
No comments:
Post a Comment