Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Back to blogging

Hi friends,

I'm back after a week-long absence, which included traveling to the Gulf Coast and nearly being swept away by yet another tropical storm. But, I survived.

And in the spirit of catching up really quickly, I will hit the highlights. Last Friday, I took off work so we could head to Enterprise to spend time with our parents (who were marking their respective anniversaries). Now my parents andJosh's parents have anniversaries like one day apart ... crazy, right?

My parents' 33rd was Sept. 2 and J's folks hit 40 years together Sept. 1. In celebration, we planned a whole weekend around the milestone. We rolled into Enterprise around 3 p.m., hung out with the fam. then headed over to Megan and Clint's house to play with baby Ava.



She's grown SO much!

We all went to dinner at Mellow Mushroom, then parted ways. My parents chilled with us for a while and we had champagne. After that ... it was time for bed - actually past it - but what ya gonna do?

We woke up early Saturday morning to drive down to Panama City Beach to chill with Josh's fam. Now, yes, we were aware of tropical storm Lee. But we went anyway. I was nervous about the trip.

Apparently so was Byron ...

J and I arrived in time to drop the pups at our beach house and head to Buffalo Wild Wings to catch the Auburn and Alabama games. They both won - Auburn BARELY pulled it off. Scary.


The crew, minus Jeremy and Hailey


Me and J

That night we did a low country boil at the Adkisons' trailer. Super fun. We were in bed by 10:30! Sunday morning we woke up and hung at the beach house. All of us were keeping an eye on the weather at all times.


Keats liked to feel the big wind blowing into the house


Josh and Keats watching the rain

Pups chewing bones

That day we met up with Nicole and Stephen plus their girls - Allie and Emma - at the Backporch. Nicole got soaked trying to get in!

I missed this girl so much!

It was great seeing them. I haven't seen them in SO. LONG. We chilled and had early afternoon cocktails .... later, we parted ways to join the fam at a bowling/skating/arcade. The kids were loving the games while the rest of us played pool. That evening we - the fam - all went to a lovely dinner. And met up, late night with Nicole for band and beers at Tootsies in Pier Park. We stayed up too late but it was too much fun to leave.

On Monday, it was time to head back BUT mother nature had other ideas. Check out this major storm. The wind was like 70 mph. Seriously. We had to hunker down and PRAY. I was terrified.

Nastiness

It followed us all the way home ....

But we made it - unbelieveable!


3 comments:

  1. Sheesh! Glad you made it home safe and sound! The weather has been insane lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man - I hate that you were traveling in this weather - eek! I'm glad you had fun though, got to see Ava, Megan and Nicole, and had so much fun with your family! And YES, Auburn's win was a bit too narrow for my taste! But of course i'm super proud of the team - WDE!

    ReplyDelete