Monday, June 13, 2011

Weekend treats and the Rock-n-Roll

Happy Monday all! I hope it went well. If nothing else, at least it's over. Thank goodness.

Let me tell you about our weekend. It was super eventful. After working Friday, I went home to work on a gift for Erika (who's last day in town is this Friday). I made two collages with my computer program Picasa. They were just images from our adventures together: Nights out, days at the beach, races. So many fantastic memories. I took the images and used the mosaic application to make two 8x10 photo collages.

Josh came home from golfing and we went to dinner at Loco's. I had a couple of drinks with Josh then it was time to go home and to bed. Saturday I woke-up and ran six miles with Ashley. It wasn't pretty but we made it through.

The rest of the afternoon was about running errands like picking up the frame and prints for Erika and grabbing groceries.

Josh and I headed over to St. Simons for Erika's offical going away dinner at our favorite spot, Coastal Kitchen. We were joined by several folks who work there. Matt, one of their bartenders, was also celebrating his birthday so it was a joint party. We had like 20 folks.











Louie trying to get things organized




















Me and EC ... going to SOB when she leaves!

So after dinner plus a bottle of wine plus a pitcher of some sort of hunch punch type concotion plus a bottle (yes a bottle) of Fat Ass tequila gifted us by Jeff, the owner, we were primed to hit the town. *And remember there were 20 people*

Off we go. We think that we're going to see Jessica (you know, my chica from Soul Gravy) but she's not playing at the venue we think that she is ... so we have a drink and move on. We head to another bar, Catch 228, then wind-up at a smoky pool hall called Murphy's in the Village. It's late ... like later than I've been out since I can't remember when but Josh and I had a blast winning at pool. Then we decide it's time to roll back to Louie's to put Erika to bed. She was DONE. Josh and I head home around 3 a.m.!! Seriously. Thankfully one of us stayed sober to drive (hint: it wasn't the author of this blog).

Still you have to do that every now and then. Special occasion and all.

Sunday we woke up moving kind of slow. But we got it together and hit Lowe's for Father's Day gifts. We ate lunch at Firehouse subs and I GORGED myself on a big sub plus chips. I haven't had that since ... I can't even remember when! De-lish.

We headed home, chilled and cleaned. That night we grilled out and hit the bed early.

So there's the rundown ... indulgence much? Well ... I'm going to pay for it. I'm registering for the Nov. 5 Savannah Rock-N-Roll Marathon. Read: HALF MARATHON. Still, 13.1 miles. I wish I was in the position to do a full but I'm really not. And I couldn't be in 20 weeks (standard training).

I'll be blogging about the training which officially begins in August. Right now, I'm just up to 6 miles. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment