Thursday, February 27, 2014

Savannah, Brunswick and Yoga (duh)

 I'm back, friends.

I've been having some lovely little adventures. Let's get it started with the trip to the TIC party Conference in Savannah. We had to leave the house Thursday at 5:30 a.m. (left the pups with Stephanie, our dog sitter) to fly out at 7 a.m. It's a 50 minute flight so we arrived in Jacksonville around 8 a.m. We rented a car and drove (an hour) to Brunswick. We drove by the house (first time Josh has seen it in a year) then popped by the News to say hello to everyone.

From there, we headed up to Savannah (actually Pooler, by the airport), ate lunch and checked into the hotel. Josh had to prep for a speech, and later the stockholder's meeting. I went to Wal-Mart for necessities (Diet Cokes, water and alcohol - another duh). Later, I took myself out to eat at this cute Japanese restaurant by our hotel.

Oh and practiced this elbow stand variation that's SUPER hard for me.


Once J was done, I met him, Butch and Keith for some cocktails and chit chat. It was great seeing them again. It really felt like home, which I suppose, was the theme of the weekend.  

Josh had to be up early for breakfast at 7 a.m. (actually that's sleeping in for him) and a day of presentations. I ate breakfast and took time for some yoga in the hotel room ... then took it out to the squares for some fun photos.



This is in front of the Johnny Mercer house


This one was between a church and Sherman's house in Savannah


Tittibhasana on a fountain in Lafayette Square


Adho Mukha Vrksasana in Madison Square ...
where later I Pincha Mayurasana-ed myself right into a big pile of dog poo.
 

Another doorway at St. John's Church

Once I'd had my fill (and cleaned the dog shit off my hand), I decided to go to the mall. That was a good call too because right when I got in the car it STORMED. 

At Oglethorpe Mall, I shopped Express, Barnes and Noble and various windows. I beat it back (whilst picking up a late lunch) and started to get ready.  

Cocktail hour started promptly at 5:30 p.m. We were all there and ready .... welp except for Codi who is VERY pregnant with baby Fynn. She's such a doll.

So as you can see lace was popular that night! I was right on trend.

We all drank and talked. Then it was time for casino night which was super fun as always. I was killing it at Black Jack. Too bad it wasn't real money. Before we knew it ... it was late night and true to TIC form, folks were rallying. And figuring we've been away for so long, we went with it.

It turned out to be bowling at an alley near our hotel (about a half a mile). A group of us made the walk (many in heels, which turned out to be a mistake). We bowled and had a blast, then slinked back to the hotel after being kicked out at closing (apparently another theme for the weekend).

Well, by then it was 3 a.m. and we called it. Both of us were out until ... oh five minutes before check out time when we woke up in a panic and (amazingly) managed to get all of our shit together just in time.

We headed to Mellow Mushroom (ahhhhh) for lunch and then beat it back to Brunswick. That afternoon was spent lounging with the resident royal at our lowly casa - HRH Stay Puft. At first she was wary ... but we won her over with treats and lots of brushing.

That evening we rode over to the Halls' house for appetizers and drinks, then did dinner at Zachry's. We closed that place down too. Lovely night.

The next day it was up WAY TOO EARLY to beat it back to Jacksonville for the flight to Miami. Josh nearly left his cell in the rental car (and blamed it on me) but he saved it ... and all was well.

We boarded, took off, flew and were home before lunch. The rest of the day was about napping, unpacking and Dexter watching.

Monday came as it tends to do ... and I was back at the gym and back to yoga after two days off. I did six loads of laundry and cleaned too. That evening I had a nice little yin practice by myself.

Here are some shots: 



The rest of the week has been spent trying to get back to normal, prepare for Nicole next weekend (YAY!) and look ahead to April when we're going to be leaving Miami.

I swear it feels like I just snorted Listerine or something ... my brain is so shocked that the time (60 days) to move back to Brunswick has come. I really can't believe it. It seems like yesterday that we were packing up and coming down.

I can't complain because it's been AMAZING. The most amazing experience of my life so far. And I'm SO SAD to leave. But instead of dwelling on that ... I'm going to try to make the most of every minute we have left in this glorious city.

Every. Minute. Of. It. 

No comments:

Post a Comment