Monday, September 9, 2013

Sickness and football

Feliz Lunes folks - I hope your weeks are getting off to get stellar starts. Ours looks promising ... we're on the mend. All of us - me, Josh and Keats. Byron is entirely himself - confrontational and neurotic.
 
The stock pile of meds
 
As you may remember, Josh and I had sinus infections/colds last week. Keats - we discovered - has another ear issue. Poor girl ... I touched her ear this morning (Monday) while putting on her harness and she yelped. So today it was back to the vet. Apparently, pieces of hair have gotten lodged deep within her ear canal and have created an infection.
 
But I love our vet at Brickell Bay Animal Hospital. He spends a ton of time with me every time I go. This time he actually drew me a diagram of what's going, flushed her ear (about 20 times) and gave her meds. I love that they even cut your pup's pills in half for you.
 
So we have the pills - antibiotics and anti-inflams - then we're supposed to do flushing twice a day, which she is going to HATE. They had to muzzle her today : ( That hurts my heart. But I was there with her, reassuring her the entire time. We shall overcome.
 
Eitherwhoo ... let me tell ya about our weekend. Since we were sick ... last week proved devoid of anything blog- worthy. I FINALLY started feeling better Friday but still had lots of sinus trouble. I managed to make it to yoga (first workout all week) and was able to Skype for a bit with Ineke, which always makes me feel better. The rest of the day was spent catching up on all of the household stuff I neglected when I was feeling like utter poo.
 
Friday evening, we went out Happy Hour at Fado's in Mary Brickell. It was crowded with soccer fanatics (the World Cup qualifier is going on for all you non-soccer people) and college kids (who inexplicably keep getting younger every year). After screaming at each other over a couple of drinks - SO loud in there - we decided to walk to dinner at PF Chang's (J's first time).
 
On the way, we encountered a nice little bit of car porn - an Astin Martin.
 

We ate at the bar and got into a long discussion about the correct pronunciation of edamame followed by a passionate discourse on lemurs. All in all, a very Lindsey and Josh kinda night.
 
Saturday, Josh was up early to go to work and I went to yoga. I still wasn't feeling like my best self so after class I zipped by the Doc-in-a-Box. Yes, I should have gone way earlier because I was dealing with a wicked case of sinusitis. (And Ineke - being a doctor's daughter - diagnosed me with it on Wednesday and from 3,000 miles away). I got prescriptions and was sent on my merry way. 
 
That night we tasted some new wine and grilled on the deck whilst waiting to watch Auburn play Arizona State.
 
 
Hammin' for the camera
 
Later we watched as AU served-up a pretty convincing win. Of course, we still had to yell a bit, something Keasty girl hates nearly as much as having her ears messed with by strangers.
 
 
Propping her head on my leg with the "please stop yelling" eyes.
Such an angel baby.
 
We hit the hay after the game. Sunday was Josh's ONLY day off and only time to recoup after being sick and working 14 hour days. Naturally, I let him sleep in. 
 
I was up to take the dogs out at 7 a.m. I did some work around the house and went to yoga. Kristen was the teacher and she's just amazing. After class, I stayed to pick her brain on the secrets of side crow - still struggling with that - and she was super helpful. Turns out, like all the other arm balances, it's about where to put your elbow (and also looking forward rather than down). I got it once and tried again at home. Not so much. Definitely gonna take practicing.
 
From there, I stopped at Starbucks and then went home. I managed to tear Josh away from a Harry Potter marathon to go to Midtown for lunch and to make a Target run. We first stopped in at Bar Louie (I've always wanted to check it out). It's hip (of course, Josh was turned off by the name at first) but it's really not obnoxious ... and that's a real winner here.
 
 
I was representing KV Mechelen by wearing the shirt I got at the game there in Belgium
 
 
Josh enjoyed the 12 TVs situated around the bar
 
We grabbed a bear here (yes, this is what I initially typed. Bear. I meant BEER. I bear in a bar would have been much more interesting. Sorry for the false hope) and beeped next door for actual lunch at the Hurricane Grill. We watched the end of the Dolphins' and Jets' games then headed to Le Target (it's a super Target with a produce section).
 
After stocking up on the essentials, it was home to walk the pups by the water.
 
 
My hair looks long here.
I feel like it's "so short" now that I got that much-needed haircut.
 
We ate a light dinner and - of course - resumed the Harry Potter marathon. Another lovely weekend in the books.
 
This week will be about making LOTS of workouts and soaking up the fam ... on Friday it's off to Jacksonville then America's oldest city (St. Augustine, FL) for Mumford and Sons with my bestie, Nicole.

Cannot wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment