Hey all - I've fallen off again. Apologies.
I've been a busy bee. Monday was about getting back into the rhythm after being gone ... cooking, cleaning ... the whole house wife bit.
Tuesday it was all about getting back in the gym - early morning yoga, weights and walking. Wednesday was more gym work (ugh ... why doesn't it get any easier) but a happy (and rare) occurrence that evening - Josh got home early. We actually had time to go to the pool/hot tub which was much needed. The poor kid has such a grueling schedule ... by Wednesday he'd already worked 40 hours and he still had to work Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Every day, he leaves home at 5:45 a.m. and usually doesn't return until (at the earliest) 6:30 p.m. Often times, it's after 7 p.m. It's just crazy. I do everything I can to make it easier on him (that's my only real job now). I make sure to get up when he gets up to make his breakfast and get him out the door. I also pack his lunch, do his laundry, clean, do all the shopping, make his appointments and have his dinner ready. It's not much but it's something.
Anyway, I digress. Back to last week.
After yoga on Thursday ... I took a gamble and decided to take Keats to the groomer. As I mentioned, she had an ear infection last week but she seemed better. Of course, she's never been a fan of the groomer. Even when she was a baby, I got a call from the groomer saying that she tried to "viciously attack" her. She was six months old. Really, lady?
Suffices to say, Keats hasn't made friends with any groomer since then. But, as I mentioned, I loved Animal Crackers and was betting that she would love them too. They were so great with Byron that I wanted to give it a go with Keats. She really enjoyed the 1.1 mile walk to the place. But once she figured out what I was up to, she didn't want to stay. At all.
JJ (the guy who owns it) and the other staff members were patient with her. They sat with her on the floor until she felt a little more comfortable.
I left and they told me she could stay outside and walk around in the store for the next 30 mins or so. When they did get her back to be groomed, they went really slowly and made sure she was comfortable with each step - the bathing, the hair cut, etc. And even gave her breaks between each part so she could calm down a bit.
It took a longggg time. Like five hours but Byron and I went to pick her up ... and she was fine.

Obie - a random dog we met - chilling in the "stage area" ...
I love that they let them walk around and just hang
Byron inspecting a "dog" he thinks it's real
Here's the finished product.
I'm not really happy with the way her head hair was cut but it's fine
I put them in the stroller and wheeled them back home. I didn't want them to bring the Miami streets inside on their paws. Ew. (We do wipe them off whenever we go out. Honestly, we keep them cleaner than a lot of people.) Josh got home late so it was basically dinner then bed.
That brings us to Friday. I did cycling and weights. I laid out and when Josh got home we did happy hour at Baru Urbano. For dinner, we beeped over to El Vato, which was delish as always. We squeezed in an episode of Game of Thrones and hit the hay.
Saturday ... Josh went back to work for another ridiculously long work day. I went to yoga and on a WILD goose chase trying to find the Walgreens that J's prescription was called into. It was supposed to be our usual Walgreens. But no. That would be too easy.
I went to get it there, then was referred to another location that was said to have it (in Little Haiti nonetheless). Fine. I drive over, wait for 20 minutes to get to the pharmacy tech ... then no. They didn't have it either. Discuple senora. It's downtown.
Mother F-er. You've got to be kidding me. So after risking life and limb for the eczema cream (it's scary around that place), I threw in the towel and went back to my own hood.
Josh had planned to come home at 6 p.m. BUT like many other aspects of the weekend - it didn't go as planned. When he was getting ready to leave, he noticed a subcontractor's boat sinking. SO he had to deal with that. Bummer. He returned about 8 p.m., just in time to watch Auburn vs. LSU. He ordered a pizza and I opted for Chinese (via Eat24).
His came but mine never did (although I was repeatedly assured that the guy "was on my street." WTF Eat24? (a food ordering service that has never failed before ... looks like it's DoorStop Delivery from now on).
Auburn lost but they put on a better show than expected and the end score was 35-21. After those disappointments, we decided to watch a Game of Thrones episode and call it a night.
Then Sunday-Funday also known as Josh's only day off. Naturally, I let him sleep-in. I took the pups out and watched "Behind the Candelabra" (what an effed up relationship they had). After that, Josh woke up and fixed my ailing vacuum cleaner.
And I had the opportunity to share some of the things I got this week in my practice. I was proud and have worked on these for a while. Well the first. The side crow.
I've been falling out of this pose for months. Then on Saturday I class ... I got this one.
Flying side crow
It's all about how you get in the poses ... and as I've always said, "knowing where to put your elbows." For these, you REALLY have to be able to get your elbow UNDER your front knee and back hip. Otherwise you have no "shelf" and you face plant or slip off to the side.
Once I was done, I cleaned my filthy mat and later myself. That afternoon we headed downtown to (supposedly) get Josh's prescription. We arrived at the Walgreens and ... the pharmacy was closed. It is ridiculous ... so much so that you just have to laugh (we later called and made them transfer it to our usual spot ... should've done that earlier!).
From there, we stopped at Bayside for a late lunch and to watch some of the Dolphins game. We walked home and went up to the pool to swim and grill. It rained on us (lovely) but we managed. We watched another Game of Thrones and hit the hay. What a crazy week-weekend. Lots of ups and downs.




No comments:
Post a Comment