Hey kids - I hope you all had a great holiday weekend. Josh and I have both been battling colds/sinus infections/misery which has been shitastic.
J's started Friday and mine started yesterday (Tuesday). It's been rough - fever with body aches and chills on the first day - then sore throats, coughing and a lot of sinus mess. Not fun at all.
But J, being the trooper he is, managed to make it through the weekend just fine.
Before I go there, let me hop back to Thursday and talk about our first Dolphins' football game. We got a couple of tickets from one of Josh's fellow engineers, Tony, who brought his wife, Eryn. They were cool. He's been a Kiewit guy for a while, they live in Fort Lauderdale and went to Virginia Tech. They recently found out that they are expecting their first baby.
Funny sidebar: They didn't tell us that they were pregnant and just showed us a copy of their ultrasound (in our defense, it didn't look like your typical ultrasound) on their phone and we were like "Ummmm what's that?" Haha. We're so not parents.
That made me laugh. Either whoo ... here are some shots of the game:
It was one of the final pre-season games and we were on the second row, along the 50 yard line. Fantastic seats. We had such a blast.


Who knew that I had 'Fins colors hiding in my closet?
We left in the third quarter because it was already so late. Even so, it was a lovely way to welcome back our favorite sport.
Friday was the day that Josh woke up with the sore throat and body aches. But ... he went to work. (And let me tell you, as bad as I felt yesterday, that's amazing. He deserves mad props because it took all I had to walk the dogs ... really. I haven't been sick like this in a LONG time).
I went to the gym and to Target then squeezed in pool time that afternoon. Poor J didn't get home until around 7 p.m. (and he leaves at 5:45 a.m). Naturally, after a day like that ... the plan was simple: To chill. I made some appetizers and we had a relaxing evening of watching TV and then went to bed early.
Saturday, I got up and went to yoga and had an amazing class with Carlos. I did a little cardio then headed home to get ready for the first day of college football. Josh still wasn't feeling 100 percent but was better than the previous day. We relaxed and watched Texas A&M then Florida play. Josh and the Bug napped a bit too.

From there, we got ready headed out to stake our spot to watch the games. We chose Finnegan's (another Finnegan's ... this one was really different than our Brickell Finnegan's). It was a bar with a pool attached, just off the Miami River. And let me tell you - the Irish name was the only thing Irish about this place. Other than that ... we might as well have been in Santo Domingo.

They had some entertainment - kinda like a dance off between groups of performers (some more "performers" than others) and a lot of really, really loud music. But it was a change of scenery and had good vibes so we stayed for dinner.
I had a margherita flat bread and J stuck with the tried-and-true burger-fry combo. Both really good.
We had some drinks and watched as Auburn manage to overcome a non-ranked, non-SEC team. You know, they always say "a win is a win" but it wasn't very convincing. They have one more game before jumping into conference play so here's hoping they work out the kinks.
Once our game ended, we caught the end of UGA-Clemson. And were confronted by a couple of rude Georgia fans from an alumni club, who made some comments about us being there (as Auburn fans). Apparently, civil rights have yet to extend to football.
That really pissed me off. I looked at those guys and was like "One of my best friends went to Georgia and I always pull for the SEC." Then their alum president came up and was super nice to me. We bought him a beer and headed home.
Drama.

The view at night
The next day was much less eventful. We bummed around, went grocery shopping, did laundry and watched "Meet the Fockers" (again ... it never gets old. I never noticed that it was set in Miami) and "Game of Thrones." Josh is big into the books but we could only access the third season SO I was way lost. But a nice night either way.
On Monday, we got up early and headed over to South Beach. We laid out and then got some appetizers at TGI Fridays. Then we shared a Call-A-Cab from Wet Willies.


We headed home and grilled out on the porch. And enjoyed this lovely sunset.




No comments:
Post a Comment