Hola folks ...
Hope all is well out there in the blogosphere. Things are moving right along here. Shall I break it down?
Fine ... if you insist. : )
Last week was one big ol' attempt at catching-up (and I never really did). But I made it through. I worked remotely Tuesday and headed back Wednesday. Thursday Ash and I did a five miler (prob. closer to six) after work. I grabbed sushi on the island and drove home during this fantab sunset.
So pretty!!!
On Friday, I took the day off from working out and instead ate lunch with Ashley at Indigo. We planned our "short" 10 miler for the following morning. The last time we are going to have a "short" long run ... if that makes sense. From here on out, it's all 12 mile (short, long runs). Plus our weekday runs (Tuesdays and Thursdays) are now.
We enjoyed it and decided to do the causeway (two bridges) along the way. We started around 5:30 a.m Saturday and I got some great pictures.

Ashley running down the bridge
The only downside was that the sun was completely in our eyes heading this way. And, since it was dark when we started, we didn't bring glasses. Anywhoo ... after the run we headed over to our new favorite restaurant, Palmer's. They have THE BEST omelets. So amazing. Then Ash took me by her house. She's moving in with her boy toy so she's got to purge (her closet). GREAT news for moi.
She sent me home with two bags full of CUTE clothes to try. Exciting. But I couldn't play too long because it was Saturday which also meant FOOTBALL. Auburn played Mississippi State at noon. I had to hurry and get my stuff finished so I could be ready to watch with the fam.

Keats and Josh were ready!
They - once again - pulled out a narrow victory (I almost died watching it). I can't handle another season of near-misses. Once the game wrapped, I met Ash again for a quick mani-pedi (which was supposed to be dark purple but, honestly, turned out BLACK. Truthfully, I like it. It makes me feel like a bad ass or a goth chick - whatever).
And it really matched this super cute, one shoulder dress Ash gave to me. I LOVED it.
Around 6 p.m. Josh and I headed over to St. Simons, where we grabbed a drink with Ash and Julio. Then ate dinner at Black Water Grill. It was so good. We hadn't been there in a while.
We also caught the end of the Georgia-South Carolina game. While I didn't really have a dog in the fight, I'm on the football panel for the paper and I picked South Carolina so I was happy that they won if only for that reason.
After dinner, we headed to Zachry's for a night cap whilst listening to the band, the Wharfratz. They're very cool and have a lot of really nice band members.

See the black dress?
(And I'm sorry for the poor photos - my camera was dead. All of these pictures were from my cell). We went home and to bed before 11 p.m. - nice little date night.
Sunday was just about cleaning, sorting and grocery shopping. Nothing exciting to report. I did, however, finish my book. More on that later ....
Great pics - like 'em even if they're cell! Hope you like some of the new clothes from Ashley - very cool! Love the pic of Josh & Keats - TOTAL twinkos!
ReplyDelete