Monday, September 19, 2011

16-mile milestone, Music for Marc plus puppy love

Hola all! Hope everything is going well. It's Monday but, overall, it's been a good one. I got my little intern, Sarah, whom I just LOVE already. She's such a sweet pea and so ready to work. I def. feel this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Anywhoo ... let me catch you up on weekend happenings. Saturday a.m. was the 16-miler. So, naturally, nothing of note happened Friday. I came home, ate and went to bed. Seriously. Oh and I was awakened at 3 a.m. by Josh randomly sitting straight up in bed and screaming "No!" I coaxed him to go back to sleep, but then I couldn't. Fastforward an hour and a half ... time to run. Oy. Ash was in my driveway at 4:30 a.m. and off we went. We drove over to the end of St. Simons Island and ran from the new park out two miles, then back two. Then onward out six and back six for 16. Now, it sucked ... because how could it not? 16 miles is a long friggin way. However, conditions were awesome. It was about 65 degrees. My body felt good. Three hours and 12 mins. Done.

I was so happy right here. And Ashley was being "artsy" with her side tilt shot. Haha!

One thing I didn't like was my new Camel back contraption. It bounces. To keep it from doing that, I have to hold it. The. Entire. Way.

I made it though. So pumped.

Then it was time for the most anticipated part of the morning - breakfast at Palmer's. O.M.G. We had omelets with blackened chicken. I added fruit and breakfast potatoes. And ... wait for it .... a pancake. Ashley hadn't had a bread product in two months. But she ate her pancake and loved it. It was hilarious. Our table got REALLY quiet. You could hear a pin drop. Ah-mazing.

From there, I went home, got clean and decided to take a much-needed nap and relax with the puppers. I missed the AU/Clemson game but, seeing as how Auburn lost, I didn't miss much. Funny sidebar here, I asked Josh what he dreamt about Friday night (he didn't remember his nocturnal outburst) and he said ... "oh we were loosing the football game." Of course. How could I not have know. I thought he was dreaming about something terrible happening to his wife and puppies. It proved to be something way more serious ... to Josh!

Anyway, the nightmare proved prophetic. Auburn lost. But I didn't see it ...

It's too hard to get up when these little fellas are keeping you company.

So sweet.

We just chilled and watched multiple ghostie shows and "Ancient Almanac" on Confucius (I'm a dork, I know). That night, we headed over to St. Simons for dinner and a fundraiser - Music for Marc. It was a part outside of Gnat's Landing with five bands. The proceeds went to benefit my friend Marc Tucker who was paralyzed in a FREAK accident on the beach last year. My co-worker/buddy Louie was there with him. March was diving through waves and hit his head on the ocean bottom. Boom. Paralyzed. Now, he's in a wheel chair. But it's fighting hard to get his life back. One thing that he's been doing is "riding" this bike. The electric impulses move his legs (even though his brain can't). He needs to be doing this daily - but the bike is $15,000. Yeah.

So his sister, Meghann (love her), got this shindig together for him. There was a great turnout and we had an awesome time! We headed home around 11 p.m. and hit the hay. I was SO done. Even with the nap, I was wiped.

Sunday was one big chill fest. And I don't feel a bit guilty either. I did manage to drag myself out to grocery shop and swing by Pier 1 for a few fall-ish items. I also made some cupcakes for Sarah's first day (she loved!). So, all in all, another fantab weekend in the books.

Q: Does your spacing on here ever run amok? Mine does. I have to try to reformat like 20 times and it never works. : (

2 comments:

  1. YOU are a badass my friend! The thought of running 16 miles makes me want to vomit...then eat some cake. You are amazing! The zombie shirt was a nice, cozy little sleep shirt! I did wear it to zumba yesterday too. Bahahaha! That's about the only publicity it will get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Many congrats on the running milestone. And I hope you can figure out that bouncing camelbak - how annoying!

    ReplyDelete