Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Suffication and the non-runner

Hey friends - I hope everything is well with you ... I've found an e-card that perfectly sums up my life right now.

Here it is ...

For realz, at work, I feel like I'm on the brink of an asthma attack ... and I don't have asthma. Here's what has happened - a page design guy was fired and now several of us have to do his job, plus our own. Stress much? Oh yeah.

But, that aside, things have been going well. I've been easing back into my old workout routine and, as you can see, not running. I haven't ran in 10 days. It's hard and I feel fat/out of shape even though I've been riding the bike and doing weights. Not. the. same.

I did TRY to run ... and I didn't get far. I'm just not ready. My little muscle fibers in my legs are just like "Eff you, crazy lady, we ran 26 miles 10 days ago. It's not gonna happen." I have to learn to listen to them. Ash has always said that she takes two weeks off after a marathon. So it's not like I'm "different" ... I am, however, more impatient than the average bear. : )

Either who - outside of drowing in work and trying to strike a healthy work out balance - things are going OK. There HAVE been a series of unfortunate events.


A brief synopsis? Surely.
* Got a seat belt violation ticket Saturday (I took off the seatbelt to remove a jacket ... police lights. It's only $15 ... but STILL. I always wear my seatbelt. And, while I'm glad that it was a minor violation, I feel sort of miffed because I know the story - I WAS wearing it and took it off. *sigh*
* Auburn lost to UGA and now I've apparently become the target of random, redneck road rage (which is retarded ... shouldn't I be mad at THEM?). They pull up on my car's a$$ then zip around so I can see the big ol' "G" on their tag ... or in some cases embossed in a mural-type deal across their back windshield.Often times, it accompanies the all too popular windshield tribute. Ya know, "RIP Butter Bean 2008 - Go Dawgs!" Really, guy? Really.
* Accidentally paid our car bill twice ... and then was overdrawn because of it.
* Have had a sun/wind burn on my nose from the race that refuses to go away. Starting to think it's cancer.
* Christmas is coming. I'm. not. ready. At all. I may boycott it this year.
* Oh and now my computer monitor randomly blacks out. Just discovered this ... that's just lovely.

Well that's about enough of that ... all will pass, I'm sure. In the meantime, and on a positive note, I played around with a photo editing tool and made two really cute pics of the pups. Check it out:
LOVES IT. Anyway I'm about to hit the hay. I think I'm coming down with a cold (of course!) and I need the rest.


Thanks so much for "listening" to me bitch. It's a huge help.

No comments:

Post a Comment