Saturday, November 12, 2011

Big loss and missing the marathon?

It's Saturday night. We're at home. The ball game (Auburn) is on ... but we're not watching it. Yep. We're getting an a$$ beating by UGA. And, since we live in Georgia, the repercussions are going to be worse for us. Ugh.

38 to 7 at the half. FML.

Anyway. I was trying to come up with an idea for a photo to illustrate this feeling of hopelessness and I found this from the funny sign website.

The hopeless nature also kind of defines how I feel about the whole of last week. I know. Negative Nancy, right? But true, I'm affraid.

Work was brutal and I couldn't work out because I was in "healing mode" from the marathon. AND I've been kind of depressed since the marathon is finished. It's like the week that you get back from your honeymoon - it's a downer. You don't really have anything to plan for anymore. Of course, I've enjoyed not running super long mileage on the weekends. But I still miss having that goal.

I'll get over it I'm sure. Actually, I think Ashley and I are going to do a half in January. That's something to look forward to, right?

OK that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment