Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The gratitude of a pop-culture junkie

Yes it will soon be thanksgiving and in that spirit ... an e-card:

What makes this even better? Josh didn't understand what it meant. Bless him. And, for the record, I don't stuff the turkey and buy it from the Honey Baked Ham.

Anywhoo ... I'm sitting here at work - hoping that I will get to leave soon - and decided to put together my top celeb news of 2011. I am SUCH the pop junkie so why not?


Here goes:
10. The Emergence of a Sane Britney Spears: She's remained more or less headline free for an entire year. How has she done it? Apparently by dating a "normal" dude, remaining under the watchful eye of Papa Spears and, I suspect, lots of medication. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't "support" Brit Brit music wise and I think she's pretty much talent-less but
9. X-Tina - While Brit Brit maintains a "normal" life ol Christina Arquella (or however you spell it) has been more than willing to pick up the slack. Not only did she divorce her hubby and get "detained" for being caught sleeping (?) in a parked car with her intoxicated (and likely fame-seeking) boyfriend, she's also put on like 20 lbs and flubbed the lyrics to the national anthem. It's no shaved head umbrella rampage but in the absence of such ... I'll take it.
8. Another year of Brangelina - Be honest, you thought they'd be done by now. So did I and OF COURSE so did the tabloid media. But nope, still going strong. I do love seeing them together ... the black clad-Angie. The bearded Brad and their rainbow children.
7. Jen Anniston lands a man. Now Josh has always felt that Jen was a "high maintenance bitch" and it was her own fault that she didn't have a fella. Not true, I say. I think that she, like many others, just picks the wrong guys. But this one seems to be better for her, i.e. not a big name actor. Now the tabloids just have to figure out whether or not they're having a baby or getting married ... or splitting up, of course.
6. ScarJo and ... Sean Penn? No doubt, the most confusing relationship of the year. May-December at its best. There's nothing wrong with that. But, Scarlett Johannson is 24 and hot ... and she wasn't dating George Clooney. I mean Sean Penn? Not attractive. I totally didn't get that one. And, surprise, surprise, it didn't last.
5. Demi Moore kicks Ashton to the curb. Another May-Dec. but I thought that these two were really in love. Maybe so. Apparently, Ashton was a little too into sharing himself with everyone else. After 6 years, they imploded. Sad but the upside - six years is like a lifetime by Hollywood standards.
4. Catherine Zeta Jones is bipolar? Really? Who saw this one coming? Not I. I always do appreciate when celebrities share their personal struggles - there are a lot of bipolar folks out there and I'm sure that makes them feel a little bit better. Or not.
3. A baby Beyonce. I LOVED her big reveal at the Music Award ceremony. Adorable.
I think that they might be my favorite celebrity couple. So sweet and, despite their enormous fortunes, they seem really grounded and sincere.
2. Kim Kardashian's Komplete Krayziness. I got dragged kicking and screaming into "Keeping Up with the Kardashians." But I started watching it just in time for the big Kris Humpheries fiasco. Most people say that it was staged. I wouldn't doubt it ... my only issue - couldn't they find someone better to play house with Kim for 72-days? I mean, really. That guy is a jack ass.
1. Kate Middleton and the Royal Wedding. Regal and classy - everything that the Kardashian bunch is not. I think that the whole Will and Kate wedding was such a departure from the usual crap that we (celebrity junkies) watch ... that we were completely blown away. And why not. They seem very real and very in love. I will admit that I'm a bit obsessed with Kate. She's such a class act. And the wedding was too. Good for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment