Back, peeps.
Yet again, I've been having too much fun to document it. I feel certain once I'm back in Brunswick, settled with a job ... I'll find more time to blog. Miami has a way of distracting a person.
Eitherwhooo ... let's get to it.
My parents visited and they brought their new baby, Leo. He's a four month old Bolognese pup -- and he's a-freaking-dorable. Such a sweet little thing. Of course, being such a little thing ... he needed some help getting around the big city. We used the stroller we bought to contain Byron's crazy to wheel little Leo around downtown, which worked perfectly. My dad also had a "man sling" that he used one night. I was told it was supposed to be more of a joke ... but he wore it, for reals.
SO they took two days to travel the very long 9.5 hours to get here, staying Wednesday night in Orlando and arriving Thursday afternoon. We had them park - as per usual - at the CocoWalk in Coconut Grove since parking at our building is expensive then we walked to lunch at LoKal, this hip little spot that has microbrews, fusion food and - get this - a doggie menu (Leo had the meatloaf). Very cool. From there, we headed to the building and did a tour.
Byron met and fell in LOVE with Leo. For the rest of the weekend ... those two were like white on rice. Inseparable. It was really sweet.
But we were never 100 percent on how Leo would be at home alone with Byron and Keats, so we took him with us (hence the marcupial pouch and stroller).
The first day ... we had champagne on the pool deck, followed by happy hour at Jimmy's and dinner at Havana 1957 then home to sleep.

The next day - Friday - we got up, had mimosas and watched Sherlock (which as I predicted, my dad loves as much as I do ... we're such suckers for detective stories). Then we strapped Leo into the stroller and walked down to Bayside for lunch at the Hard Rock.

Of course, we picked a wild day to do this ... it was the first day of the Ultra Music Festival. Holy. Friggin. Molly ... I mean, moly. I've been to festivals. I know there are always some ... how should we say it - eccentric people - at any music fest. But this one ... an Electronic Dance Music fest ... I was not prepared for all the things we saw. Nor were the parentals.
Here's some examples that I lifted from a website. And there were SO many others. Just insane.


Weird, wild stuff. And there were so many others: Unicorn costumes, flower halos, swim suit thongs and copious amounts of neon.
Here's a shot of one of the evening shows.

Shit - apparently - got crazy there (or crazier) that night when a security guard was trampled by a group of losers who didn't want to pay to get in. I believe, she's still in the hospital with a broken leg and severe head trauma. And a guy died in a car of an apparent overdose. Sheesh.
Anyway. We made it passed the throngs of molly music enthusiasts and ate lunch (Leo sleeping in the stroller the entire time). After that, we headed home. We attempted to take a taxi this time but it was a no go with all the Ultra and Miami Heat traffic. Seriously, we got in and sat in the car for about 15 mins (or however much $6.50 is) but we got NO WHERE. Literally. No where. So we all got out and just walked it ... much to my parents chagrin.
We made it though. So we chilled and hung out ... watching more Sherlock. That evening we went to dinner at Casablanca then headed home. My parents went to sleep but Josh and I stayed up to watch Louisville (tragically) lose to Kentucky. Meh. (Sidenote: I still won the bracket challenge though! Beat my dad and Josh ... sweet, sweet victory).
That brings us to Saturday ... we got up and headed over to the beach. We hit up Lincoln Road for a light lunch and then walked around. Leo was in his stroller ... and was a HUGE hit with everyone there. Strangers stopped to hold him. So sweet.
From there, we headed back to Publix for groceries and grilled that night. The rest of the time was just hanging out and watching basketball.
I did do one thing that I deeply regret during this time ... I said something pretty rude to J. In front of my parents. (He was going ON AND ON about something ... and I'm like "Josh, shut the EFF up"). The real word though, not eff. I was trying to be funny ... but it wasn't and I seriously felt bad about it right when it happened. I apologized (blamed the wine ... which is prob true). Still though. I felt bad and I still do. But we moved on.
We went to bed around midnight or so. The next morning we took them back to their car and sent them on their LONG journey home.
It was great to see them and we really appreciated the effort to drive all the way down.
Other than that ... I've taken on another yoga challenge. Yoga to the Core. Here's the poses. I'm excited (although I'm way behind right now).

Speaking of yoga, here are some of my recent poses.

As far as yoga teacher training goes though, I'm done with my exam, I've had my teachers sign my paper and now need to make my video. Then just mail it into the AFPA folks.
So that's about a wrap. As most of you know, we're getting ready to leave the MIA ... like three weeks left. It's stressful. I'm staying positive, even though I'm going to miss it SO much.

No comments:
Post a Comment