Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Bestie Convention

Hola friends. Once again another fantabulous weekend ... but admittedly this one was special. Very special. "My three" (as we've always called each other) made their way down for three days of catching-up, dancing, laughing and fun.


SO. MUCH. FUN.

Just a quick back-up for those playing the home game: I've known these girls FOREVER. Like 20 years and I'm 30. I grew-up about a mile from Megan and went to elementary school with both Megan and Kelly (although they were a year older than me). I met Emily (who is my age) in gymnastics when we were in fourth grade. I still remember her glasses (and how much better she was than me!)

We all got very close in high school. We were all on dance line together. Every weekend we pretty much hung out in the same circles, if not with each other. We went to the same parties, had the same teachers and sometimes even kissed the same boys (although not at the same time ... haha).

Megs, Kel and Em all went to Auburn while I went to Troy but we all remained extremely tight. We were each other's bridesmaids. We travel to see babies and celebrate other life events ...

It's just a very special relationship, one where you never have to be anyone but yourself. 

Like you're incapable of being anyone but entirely yourself. For instance ... there have been times that I had planned not on telling them something, like something about myself (for one reason or another ... I'm embarrassed about it or whatever) but it never sticks, it just comes out. And it's always better when it does.

But I digress. On with the recap. SO everyone flew in on Thursday and I scooped them up from MIA. We came to the house and did the usual .... listened to music, chatted and had a Miami Absolute Vodka Cosmo. When everyone got ready, we walked over to Baru Urbana for happy hour and more chatting. Josh met up with us and then we hit our standard, Jimmy's, although I really didn't want to eat there but knew J wouldn't want anything else. Oh well.

From there, J went home to sleep and we went for "one drink" at the Blue Martini. Well, we all know "one drink" is never really one drink. It turned into many. But this had a bit of a twist. We didn't buy them, instead Megs (hottie that she is) danced with this very nice Cuban guy who kept us in drinks for two hours or so. He really wanted to leave us with a good impression of Cubans (and I tried to explain to him that I already dig Cubans). We finally escaped and walked home. Of course, we stayed up laughing, talking childbirth (and ravenously eating chips and salsa) for a bit longer then called it a night.

Friday was a little rough (see above). But we got up, had mimosas and went to the beach. Everyone tried to take naps (I couldn't) and relaxed.


Kel had no problems with it. Haha.


While Em and Kel chilled, Megs and I went to get some beer. And we saw this. On a bike. With a guy. It looked like it was wearing a little diaper.


Bizarre.

There was also a DJ spinning in the liquor store we went to ... typical Miami. When we were done with sunning ourselves, we headed back to Brickell and stopped in at Rosa Mexicana for some happy hour fun and bottomless guacamole. OMG so delish. It was also during this stop that Megs ran into her Cubano from the previous night. SO hilarious.

Then we went home to connect with Josh, get ready and head out for dinner at Havana 1957. We - clearly - like that place. And everyone else did too. After that, we dropped Emily off at the house (she didn't feel well) and we went off to hit up Red Bar, Tobacco Road and lastly, the Blue Martini. We headed home late and poor J had to get up the next day for work. Ugh. But it was fun.

We slept in the next day (except for J, who was up and out by 6 a.m.). We hung around and did some yoga play then, later, got ready then headed over to Bayside for lunch. We ate and laughed SO MUCH. Then we did some shopping and headed home.

Kel took a nap while the rest of us hit up the pool. Then that evening we watched some (more) Sex and the City whilst eating LOTS of delicious Thai food. Then we relaxed and got ready for bed. They had to get up and be out early.


Keats had a great time being in the center of attention.

We were all asleep by 10:30-ish and up around 6 a.m. to get everyone to the airport. It was sad sending them off ... but I know they were ready to get back to all of their sweet little fams. It was just so awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment