Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The zoo, more yoga and an unfortunate injury

Hi, hi ... I'm back. I know ... it's been over a week and I've "resolved" to not let that happen this year.

BUT honestly, Blogger is being a complete whore. It's SO difficult to arrange/resize photos then deal with the spacing issues that plague me ever m-f-ing time. Sometimes I just want to give up or, at least, ditch Blogger to find a more user friendly platform. 

Alas I have so much invested in this site. I don't want to leave ... I just wish they'd get their shit together.


Anyway. SO last Saturday ... Jan 18 - Yep totally behind - Josh was off so we decided to go to Zoo Miami.


It was a bit of a haul - in Kendall, like 45 minutes on US 1. For those of you who are unfamiliar with US 1 in Miami, it's basically the Highway to Hell. You drive ... bumper to bumper (regardless of the day) with constant honking from your fellow travelers.

But it was well worth the trip. The zoo was HUGE and the animals weren't confined in cages, just open areas with large, deep (thankfully) ditches that kept them from getting away.


And you could also buy beer to walk around with ... yes, awesomeness.



 





This was at the end ... the best picture of the day my life ... no doubt about it.




On the way home, we stopped in at the BJ Brew House for a couple of cocktails and headed home.


Beer!!!


We ordered in and watched movies all evening. It was such a lovely night. The next morning J had to work and I piddled around the house ... and worked on my scorpion pose.



It needs a lot of work but one day - my back will be limber again and my feet will touch my head. Haha.









Quickly moving on ... last week was standard - yoga, teacher training, more yoga. (As you've noticed, I've started taking pics in places a tad more exciting than our living room - haha)




On Brickell Key. My "bottom" is directly in front of our apartment building
The blue and white building


Oh and whilst doing more yoga - I aggravated my scapula injury (the one I thought I finally had a handle on ... I originally tore a muscle in it while heavy lifting in 2011).

I did EVERYTHING I could to make it ease up - massage, heat-ice therapy, rest - but to no avail. On Saturday, I decided I couldn't handle it anymore and went to a doc-in-a-box for a shot of pain med and more muscle relaxers.


My way of keeping my ice pack on while walking to the doctor

The shot helped but I could still feel the pain ... it was just less intense.

The remainder of Saturday was spent resting and reading. Josh came home after having finished his final day of substructure work on the bridge - HURRAY - so we had some champagne to celebrate and spent some time in the hot tub.

Then he fell asleep around 8:30 and went to bed. Poor guy was EXHAUSTED. I wasn't far behind.

The next day we got up, walked the pups and went to breakfast in the Village. I had booked Josh a well-deserved massage when I had mine ... so his was scheduled for Sunday in Midtown.

We headed over around 12:30 p.m. and I dropped J off. I walked around some of Wynwood and took pics (one of my new favorite past times ... hence my 800 Instagram posts).   



After he was done, we met up at World of Beer for a drink, then headed to Target for shopping.


I first had this beer at Ineke's parents house in Mechelen in July.
I love it!

That night, we grilled out and swam. Lovely evening, even though my back was still REALLY pissed. This week has been all about taking it easy and trying to get my body back to its pre-injury or re-injyr state. It's been so frustrating but ... what ya gonna do? This too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment