OK kids. Back again.
So NYE (yep like 15 days ago) Josh was off (incredible). We had the whole day together.
It was a nasty day all misty and overcast. It wasn't cold (like 68) ... but definitely dreary.
We were going for lunch but had to stop at the jobsite first so Josh could check on things. Then we went in a futile search of a restaurant on Key Biscayne ... we never found. It was hiding somewhere. Of course, it's impossible to find anything there (so crowded).
We opted for Whiskey Joe's a restaurant off the causeway with a great view of the Brickell/Downtown skyline. It was a disappointing experience sitting outside in the mist, the TV was turned to a hunting show - ew, the server was awful ... oh and they were out of the banana bread croutons I'm obsessed with ... not great.
We were going for lunch but had to stop at the jobsite first so Josh could check on things. Then we went in a futile search of a restaurant on Key Biscayne ... we never found. It was hiding somewhere. Of course, it's impossible to find anything there (so crowded).
We opted for Whiskey Joe's a restaurant off the causeway with a great view of the Brickell/Downtown skyline. It was a disappointing experience sitting outside in the mist, the TV was turned to a hunting show - ew, the server was awful ... oh and they were out of the banana bread croutons I'm obsessed with ... not great.
After lunch we hung out and watched the Hobbit ... the good one. Animated from 1984. Josh slept but I loved every minute of it. I made Josh a roast and we got ready and headed over to South Beach for Matisyahu.

The concert was at the Shore Club, a smansy art deco hotel. We went inside to go pick up our tickets and some bitch makes fun of my little NYE tiara. We're walking in and she says - loudly - to her friends "oh I forgot my tiara." I turned and gave her the eat shit and die look. What an unfestive slore.
Bitchiness of strangers aside, the place was awesome. It felt very South Beach.



We met these guys - two Columbian decorators who were awesome.

He came on right before mid-night and played for two hours. He was SO good and SO close.

The stroke of midnight escaped him though... the clocks were counting down and he just kept right on singing, then figured it out a couple of minutes later. Oops.
We left right after he finished. It was SUCH a good time. Love him so much.
The rest of the week was spent reading my yoga book and working out (lots of yoga). I also started running again.

Byron demonstrating Adho Mukha Svanasana ... down dog.
He's an expert.
Of course watching it for too long kinda puts you in a weird mental place. I've had to take a step back ... Michael C Hall was narrating all my thoughts by the end of it. Not good.
Eitherwhoo. That's all. I've just been trying to get back into the swing after the holidays (read excessive celebrating). It's going well and I'm optimistic about 2014.


No comments:
Post a Comment