It's Sunday and I'm in the midst of an awful allergy attack. I have no idea what I'm allergic to but it's something that's on Jekyll Island. Now I'm miserable ... really miserable.
Anyway - let me give you an update of this weekend, which was much more pleasant before this random illness struck.
So Friday, after work, we went down to First Friday in Brunswick where a new restaurant - Tipsy McSways opened. It's owned by our friend Jeff and his girlfriend Susan. It's such a cute little spot. There was music and spirits. That was a nice little way to kick off the weekend. Everyone in town was there so we hung out and socialized for a while
Hanging out with Anna and Mike
From there, Josh and I went to dinner at Millhouse and then home. On Saturday, the major goal was to get the running around and grocery shopping done before the monsoon was slated to strike.
I cleaned the house then went to town to get all of the groceries together. I grabbed some take out for dinner and headed home to hunker down. It poured for hours.
The pups riding out the storm
So we chilled had a couple of cocktails and watched "The Godfather" marathon. Later we watched a movie, "The Lady Vanishes" (Alfred Hitchcock) --- perfect flick for a rainy night in Georgia. I love Hitchcock movies.
Sunday started off with me helping Josh get ready to FINALLY tile the bathroom. The tile has been in the garage since October 2011. He's never done it before but home boy is an engineer ... I wasn't concerned.
I was supposed to do a long run with Ash but our schedules didn't mesh. We ran separately - her on a treadmill and I ran close to 10 miles on Jekyll Island. It was a nice run. Breezy (20 mph winds) but gorgeous. Then I went to get my nails painted and was overcome by an allergy attack that came from out of the blue. That left me cranky and irritated for the rest of the day. I went to bed early to mitigate it too. So that was the weekend. Not too terribly exciting but, really, I prefer it that way.
No comments:
Post a Comment