Trust me, you haven't missed much.

Work has been the major news. There's a lot of it. We've had an enormous special section that we've all had to contribute to ... Oy. It's been rough for us all.
Other tidbits include:
- I did the Bridge Run in Brunswick. I finished the "hardest 5K in the state" in 27:36. I was stoked. Then, true to form, I had a massive allergy attack right after it. I'm obviously allergic to something in the parking area. I don't get sick when I run the bridge during the week (we usually go twice). I only experience it when I park in this vacant lot that was supposed to be this uber-exclusive luxury development called Liberty Harbor. It went belly-up a few years back so there's nothing there. Perhaps, I'm allergic to broken dreams?
- Registering for the Gate River Run, the nation's biggest 15K. It's March 11 in Jacksonville. Ash and I are going down next weekend. I've run it before. It's a nice, easy nine miler through the downtown area.
- Scheduled a trip to the Hangout Fest in May. It will be my first solo plane flight. I'll be hooking up with two of my best friends from college - Nicole and Tiffany. I could not be more excited to see them. It's been WAY too long. It's three days with Dave Matthews and other bands on the beach in Gulf Shores. BUT since I'm gonna be in a bathing suit for three days. I've tightened up (again) my diet. And I'm hoping to lose a inch or two. Fingers crossed.
- In that spirit, I've given up bread and wine for Lent. Very Biblical, right? I was going to cut out drinking all together (and did on weeknights, except Wednesday date nights). Then Josh vetoed it and said that I wouldn't be any fun. Not sure what that says about me but anyway ...
Speaking of, my intern Sarah sent me this:

Too funny
- I've also injured my shoulder (Backing up: I injured it in the spring of last year and REALLY hurt it (weightlifting is to blame) in September. Only now have I been in pain long enough to actually go to the doctor to find out what it is and how I can stop it). Turns out, I've torn a muscle (I'll spare you the scientific name suffices to say it's in my deltoid area). Now, I'm going to physical therapy and getting sonogram massages (the heat helps it?). It's seemed to help but apparently it's going to be a long road. These take a long time to heal. Bummer.
That's all for the update. Let's hope there's more to follow. Happy Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment