Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas parties, planning and eating

Apologies. Long absence. It's just been busy here ... busy at the office - tryin to crank out stories so I can get some vacation time, busy with buying Christmas gifts, busy with TRYING (trying being the operative word) to get all my workouts in. Of course, a couple of weeks ago, I had yet another in-grown toenail that I had to have fixed. "Permanently narrowed." It hurt but this time I didn't pass out.  But I haven't been able to run with it. It's been kind of painful. Thus I've gotten heavier than usual. Oh well, tis the season.

Other than that - I'll do a quickie catch-up. I know all of you are VERY interested. ; ) 

So what's been up in December? First of all, we got photos for our Christmas cards and arranged to have those printed. I have to say, and I'm not biased in the least, they're pretty friggin awesome. They are just of the pups (Josh feels that posing for Christmas cards threatens his masculinity) but they are adorable. I'm very pleased with them. I won't run it for you by posting a preview ... chances are if you read my blog, you're getting one of my cards so I won't spoil it. 

Another highlight of this month - the annual TIC (Josh's workplace) Christmas Party. I honestly don't know a group of full-fledged adults that can thrown down like this. But man. It's impressive. Here are a few shots of some of the ladies (wives of the engineers) before things got too sloppy. 


I opted for pink instead of the traditional red. 

It was a great time. We had the dinner/cocktail hour(S) at the Andaz in downtown Savannah. Then we walked to another bar once the hotel bar closed ... because OBVIOUSLY we needed more alcohol. Josh and I didn't stay there long. I am pretty certain we were back at the hotel before 1 a.m. Don't quote me on that though. 

As per usual, the next day was rough. We ate a big breakfast and headed home. The rest of the day, for me, went a bit like this. 


Josh walked in the house, shucked his clothes and got in bed. For hours, I tried to make a go of the day ... alas it was half hearted. That night, we stayed in, watched "The Help" (which was better than I expected - LOVE the book) and went to sleep early. That Sunday, I woke up with a sore throat and general yucky feeling. Most of that day was spent like this. 



Oh and I also caught up on the Tudors, which I hadn't watched since the third season. That was nice. The ending was what you imagined - Henry died. But I loved it. I ended up staying home Monday with a cold. Still not 100 percent, but I do feel better. 

So really that's all I've got. Not that much ... but enough that my blog doesn't look abandoned. So there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment