Hey friends.
I had almost talked myself into deleting this blog and starting over ... but then I asked myself "why?" I have it all set up and if I want to stop writing ... I can do that. Just. stop. writing.
WHICH is kind of what has been going on of late. And I promised that I wouldn't give myself shit for it. Life has gotten in the way - it happens. Plus my laptop at home has died so the days of laying around blogging and watching TV are gone. I have my iPad, but as I'm sure you know, that's not really conducive to typing at length. Now I have to use the desk top (*violin plays). I realize it's not that bad and I will try to keep do more posting-wise but it makes it inconvenient for me (and therefore unlikely for me to follow through)
If I don't - oh well. It's my blog ... as Cartman says, "I do what I want." : )
OK. Lots of ground to cover. The last time I was on here I shared my HORRIFIC accident photos. It was awful and I am still not completely back to normal. I am much better (physically and mentally), my car is back (and looks great).
The only real evidence of the wreck is a discolored splotch on my face. I have a patch of skin that was literally TATTOOED by the log that hit me. It's getting better though. I have had a couple of laser treatments on it. I hope that after a couple of more ... it will be gone.
That's just one of the many things that have been going on ... here are other highlights, happenings and general BS that I'm into - bulleted for my conveince:
• Dog Shaming - I'm obsessed with the Dog-Shaming.com Tumbler site. LOVE it. And I'm desperately trying to get my dogs on it. I've been unsuccessful thus far. They won't sit still for a picture with a handwritten note. I have made some after the fact (or after I took the photo) but I don't think they are as funny as the written notes.
(The caption says "I wanted to play with the dogs next door. I tunneled under the fence only to discover that the dogs were bigger than I anticipated. I am a small dog and easily intimidated. I proceeded to sit in the yard, wailing, until the neighbors got me and took me back to my mom.")
• Training - Duh. I'm always doing something ... this time Ash and I are doing the Rock in Roll Half Marathon in November and the full Donna Deegan Marathon in February. We are also doing weight training and eating a special (carb cycling) diet. Sadly, I weigh more than I ever have. All muscle? I hope ... yeah probably not. Oh well. I have resigned myself to the fact that I can only do so much.
• Jack White - Since seeing him in concert in May, I've become OBSESSED with Jack White. The White Stripes and the Ranconteurs. Such a badass guitarist. Just love him, even if he has that Edward Scissorhands vibe.
• Hating the IRS - I got a letter recently that we owed the IRS $1,600 (due right frickin now) because our accountant put my graduate school under the wrong exemption. Every time I think about it ... I want to throw up.
• Eyes on vaca - It's only about a month away ... Josh and I will be celebrating our FIVE YEAR wedding anniversary in the Dominican Republic. It's an all inclusive and we cannot wait to go, sit and just space out for a week. CANNOT WAIT. Of course, we could nearly take another trip with the money we're giving the IRS ... but that's another story.
• Back - My back is still hurting ... it's hurt since I partially tore a muscle in September 2011. I've tried everything: Massage, PT, meds., chiropractic and cortisone shots. Nothing has helped. So today I got a trigger point injection (steroid and a pain med.) from my general practitioner. It's really uncomfortable right now ... I'm supposed to keep ice on it today and hopefully it will be MUCH better tomorrow. I just had to do something. I hate living in pain.
• Bestie babies - Such exciting news from my friends. Two of my besties are pregnant. Kelly will have her first baby in February! Tiffany will be having her SECOND child in April. I couldn't be more thrilled for them - Kel will be a phenomenal mommy. Tiffany already is. I admire them. This kind of news prompts a lot of people to turn to me and say, "When are you going to have a baby?" I couldn't be more anti-procreation right now. I just don't have the desire and I'm wondering if I am missing the mommy gene. Maybe so.
• Concert - Sir Elton John. Tomorrow night. In Savannah. Oh my - super excited. Josh got me stellar seats for my birthday, and while he's not my absolute favorite performer, I'm certainly looking forward to the show.
Well. I think that about does it. Life really isn't as busy and it feels from day to day - I guess. It certainly seems that way when you're in the eye of the proverbial storm.

Awwww we have the same musical taste - duh! I loved seeing Elton in concert! I haven't see the white stripes, but saw the ranconteurs at the tabernacle a few years ago and loved!! Thanks for the shout - super excited and freaking halfway there already - cray!! I'm glad you're healing - still can't believe that happened to you. :(
ReplyDelete